BUCKHEAD #4

JIM HENSON’S STORYTELLER: SHAPESHIFTERS #1

MAGIC THE GATHERING #12

SAVE YOURSELF TPB

DARK HORSE COMICS

HELLBOUND VOL 1 TPB

MANOR BLACK: FIRE IN THE BLOOD #2

RADIO SPACEMAN #1 (OF 2)

In spring 2022, Dark Horse Comics will publish Radio Spaceman, an all-new two-issue comic book event by legendary Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and acclaimed Black Cloud artist Greg Hinkle. This standalone steampunk space adventure is full of mystery, monsters and awesome gadgets, and marks the first-ever comic book appearance for Radio Spaceman, based on Mignola’s viral pencil sketches. This all-new series is written by Mignola, with art by Hinkle, colors by award-winning Mignolaverse collaborator Dave Stewart, and lettering by longtime collaborator Clem Robins.

“Radio Spaceman started in very much the way Hellboy did — a fast sketch done just for fun and a funny name that just popped into my head,” said Mignola. “That was during the early days of COVID-19, when I was banging out sketches to entertain myself and posting them online. People seemed to like the guy, and I liked him — I did five or six sketches of him, but had no plans to do anything REAL with him. I didn’t have a story for him until, suddenly, one day I did. I wasn’t trying. It just happened. I don’t remember how exactly, but I’m suspecting it was one of those things that came to me in the shower. Most of the best ideas happen there.”

In this two-part story, when a spaceship crashes and lands on a mysterious planet and some of the surviving crew go missing, the mysterious mechanical hero Radio Spaceman is called to investigate. But the planet hides much more than the missing crew, and Radio Spaceman may be stumbling into more than even he can handle.

"Every single panel of Radio Spaceman has been fun to draw, and working with Mike on this has reminded me what a blast comics can be," said Greg Hinkle. "A machine man with a floating skull. Men with light bulbs sticking out of their heads. Extraterrestrial caves with ancient idols. Towering monsters. Alien bears. Vampires! Any one of these things would've made an interesting story. But when Mike Mignola calls and wants to mix them all up, you can't help but get very, very excited. I can't wait to help introduce the world to Radio Spaceman."

“I have loved Greg’s work since I saw the Airboy book he did with James Robinson,” said Mignola.  “I thought he’d be perfect for this, and I was right.”

• First issue!
  • One never knows what's going to pop out of Mike Mignola's head, does one?

DC COMICS

ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN: GODS AND MORTALS HC

ARKHAM CITY: THE ORDER OF THE WORLD #6 (OF 6)

BATMAN #121

• I think these variants, by the late Daniel Johnson, are only available in Austin, Texas. But I present them as cultural artifacts for your delectation.

BATMAN: KILLING TIME #1 (OF 6)

Story: Tom King | Art/Cover: David Marquez & Alejandro Sánchez | Variants: Kael Ngu, Alex Garner, Peach Momoko, Carlos D’Anda | $4.99

What object is not only a young Batman’s most prized possession … but also the most valuable object in the DCU?

Catwoman, The Riddler and The Penguin join forces to pull off the greatest robbery in the history of Gotham City. Their prize: a mysterious and priceless artifact in the secret possession of Bruce Wayne! But, as the events unfold, what fun is a heist without a bloody double-cross or two?

The blockbuster team of Tom King and David Marquez bring an epic, white-knuckled, action-packed tale of a young Batman desperate to recover his most prized possession from a host of violent rogues before the clock strikes the Killing Time ...

• First issue!
  • This "secret possession" is pretty mysterious. Is it the briefcase from Pulp Fiction? The Maltese Falcon? The Holy Grail? Alfred Hitchcock's MacGuffin?
  • Yeah, probably a MacGuffin. But could be fun!

BATMAN VS. BIGBY: A WOLF IN GOTHAM #6 (OF 6)

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL #5 (OF 12)

DETECTIVE COMICS #1055

HARLEY QUINN AND THE BIRDS OF PREY: THE HUNT FOR HARLEY TPB

JUSTICE LEAGUE #73

JUSTICE LEAGUE INCARNATE #5 (OF 5)

MONKEY PRINCE #2

NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE #7

Story: James Tynion IV | Art: Álvaro Martínez Bueno | Covers: Álvaro Martínez Bueno, Juan Ferreyra | Colors: Jordie Bellaire | Mature (17+) | $3.99

One of the most critically acclaimed and bestselling horror titles of 2021 returns for its shocking second act — and now is the perfect time to enter the house! The Nice House on the Lake #7 hits shelves the same day and date as The Nice House on the Lake Vol. 1, making March 1 the perfect moment to set aside all distractions and escape into your favorite must-read new thriller! Mark your calendars!

In the kick-off issue to the back half of the first season of The Nice House on the Lake, the 10 hardy survivors gathered in the house by their mutual friend Walter thought they'd finally cracked the code on his plans … and now everything they thought they knew has literally changed. Can they free themselves from their patterns? Or are they all just determined to build a prison of their very own?

“I’ve always thought of myself as a horror writer. … I like taking the things that I’m afraid about and turning them into monsters for my characters to grapple with,” says Tynion IV. “In superhero comics, you can always turn away at the last minute, and boil that conflict down into people in fun costumes punching each other. The Nice House on the Lake is trying to hit at deeper nerve, and the goal is to reach that final last moment and sit with the horror rather than turning away.”

Praise for DC’s The Nice House on the Lake:

“Surprising, terrifying and wholly original, make no mistake — this is the book of the year.” — Damon Lindelof (Lost, Watchmen, The Leftovers)

“Experience this outstanding new original series for yourself. Don’t dare to ignore this invitation.” — ComicBook.com

“10/10 … One of the best horror reading experiences in recent memory.” — Horror DNA

“A perfect comic.” — Comics Bookcase

• Readers: What's for afters?
  • Nice House on the Lake: Rat cake, rat sorbet, rat pudding, or strawberry tart.
  • Readers: (eyes lighting up) Strawberry tart?
  • Nice House on the Lake: Well, it's got some rat in it.
  • Readers: 'Ow much?
  • Nice House on the Lake: Three. Rather a lot, really.
  • Readers: Well, I'll have a slice without so much rat in it.
  • (Voice Over: One slice of strawberry tart without so much rat in it later)
  • Readers: (putting down fork and knife) Appalling.
  • Nice House on the Lake: Moan, moan, moan!

ONE-STAR SQUADRON #4 (OF 7)

STATIC SEASON ONE #6 (OF 6)

SUICIDE SQUAD #13

SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL VOL 4 HC

WAR FOR EARTH-3 #1 (OF 2)

Story: Robbie Thompson, Dennis Hopeless | Art:  Steve Pugh | Covers: Rafa Sandoval, Guillem March | $5.99

The Teen Titans, the Flash and the Suicide Squad all collide on Earth-3 — home of the evil Crime Syndicate — on the hunt for former Task Force X mastermind Amanda Waller. As Waller tries to take over the alternate Earth and dethrone evil versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and other heroes that rule it, her former partner — Rick Flag — arrives on E-3 bent on making Waller pay for her crimes, while the Titans and Flash hunt for a missing academy student they believe was kidnapped by Waller to form her mysterious Justice Squad.

• First issue!
  • Crime Syndicate appearances are always welcome.

WORLD OF KRYPTON #4 (OF 6)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT

DIE!NAMITE NEVER DIES #1

Story: Fred Van Lente | Artist: Vincenzo Carratu | Covers: Tony Fleecs, Lucio Parrillo, Arthur Suydam, Lesley 'Leirix' Li, Cosplay | Teen+ | 32 pages | $3.99

Dynamite's cross-company zombie crossover returns with even more undead mayhem!

Evil Sonja and the Drakulonian sisters Vampirella and Pantha may have turned back the plague on Earth, but what happens when zombies from MARS start to invade?!

Hear that cry in the jungle — that's right, TARZAN has joined the insanity, and the Ape-Man has hands full with ZOMBIE DINOSAURS in a lost valley! How does this incursion connect to Barsoom?!

• First issue!
  • This series never dies!

HELL SONJA #3

SHEENA: QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE #4

IDW PUBLISHING

GI JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO — YO JOE

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY — ADVENTURES IN THE 32ND CENTURY #1 (OF 4)

Story: Kirsten Beyer, Mike Johnson | Art/Cover: Angel Hernandez | Variant: Aaron Harvey | $3.99

Comic book and graphic novel publisher IDW today announces that The United Federation of Planet’s far-flung future will be further explored in a new four-issue miniseries, Star Trek: Discovery — Adventures in the 32nd Century, based on the wildly popular series streaming on Paramount Plus.

The new series reunites co-writers Kirsten Beyer and Mike Johnson, whose previous collaboration on Star Trek: Discovery comics included The Light of Kahless, Succession and Aftermath. The authors are joined by artist Angel Hernandez, celebrated by fans for his work on Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War and, most recently, Star Trek: Manifest Destiny.

Each issue of Adventures in the 32nd Century will spotlight a different cast member, and the first issue’s focus promises a unique perspective from the Star Trek franchise as it reveals the secret history of the queen herself: Grudge the Cat! A flashback tale of her first meeting with Cleveland “Book” Booker sets the stage for a trajectory establishing Grudge as the greatest feline spacefarer of all. Subsequent issues will focus on ensign Adira Tal, Lieutenant Keyla Detmer, and science officer Linus.

“Discovery's arrival in the 32nd century opens up a whole new universe of adventure for the crew, from the feline to the Saurian. It's a blast telling stories eight hundred years in the future of Star Trek, where we really have never been before, exploring different facets of their lives,” says Johnson.

“It’s no secret that Star Trek: Discovery’s television series has an amazing cast of characters, and being able to translate those characters and their stories into the comics is a real treat for not only the fans, but also us as well,” says editor Heather Antos. “Diving deeper into Queen Grudge’s mind, to Adira’s relationship with Gray and more, Star Trek: Discovery — Adventures in the 32nd Century gives readers an incredibly detailed perspective of these fan favorite characters.”

• First issue!

STAR TREK: MIRROR WAR — CAPTAIN LA FORGE

Story: J Holtham | Art/Cover: Carlos Rodriguez | Variant: Ejiwa "Edge" Ebenebe  | $3.99

The spotlight turns to Geordi La Forge in this one-shot set in the Mirror Universe of The Next Generation! Expand upon the world of The Mirror War!

Geordi La Forge is on a scouting mission for Picard when he suddenly finds himself ambushed and teleported into an agony booth. Who is this masked figure torturing La Forge, and what connection do they have to his past?

• First issue!
  • I know I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief, and I do, but somewhere in the back of my brain something calls shenangians when every major character in our universe is also a major character in the mirror universe. Wouldn't some of them have been assassinated? Wouldn't some of them have been executed for attempting assassinations? Wouldn't Geordi LaForge, who was born blind, have been left for the wolves or something in the brutal mirror universe?

TMNT ULTIMATE COLL VOL 6 TPB

TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS #13

TRANSFORMERS: BEST OF MEGATRON

IMAGE COMICS

7174 ANNUAL 01

Story: Ashley Wood, T. P. Louise | Art/Cover: Ashley Wood | 88 pages | $9.99

Presenting an oversized collection of rarely seen but often-requested comics from Wood’s House of 7174. This annual is gorgeously illustrated by Wood and is an 88-page extravaganza featuring fan-favorites like, Ashtro Lad, Les Mort 13, World War Robot, Adventure Kartel and more.

A THING CALLED TRUTH #5 (OF 5)

ADVENTUREMAN #8

CROSSOVER #12

FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE VOL 4 TPB

FRONTIERSMAN VOL 1 TPB

HELLCOP #5

ICE CREAM MAN VOL 1: SEUSS PARODY EDITION TPB

LOADED BIBLE: BLOOD OF MY BLOOD #1 (OF 6)

Story: Tim Seeley, Steve Orlando | Art: Guiseppe Cafano | Covers: Mirka Andolfo, Giuseppe Cafaro, W. Scott Forbes, Lou Lou La Duchesse De Rière, Jonathan Hickman,  Giuseppe Camuncoli 

Hitting on Ash Wednesday, Loaded Bible rises from the dead with a new epic chapter from Steve Orlando (Commanders In Crisis, Extreme Carnage, Marauders), Tim Seeley (Hack/Slash, Nightwing, Robins), and Giuseppe Cafaro (Suicide Squad, Red Sonja) titled Blood of My Blood. The six issue miniseries event is produced by Arancia Studio — the Italian media company which worked on Mirka Andolfo’s bestselling Image Comics titles and with the surprising Deep Beyond and Commanders in Crisis.

Loaded Bible is a work that's always been close to my heart," said Seeley. "I've wanted to do more with it for a decade or more, but it was Steve Orlando who pitched me the idea that convinced me our vampire-hunting Jesus deserved a big comeback. Throw in the amazing artists at Arancia, and you've got a beautiful modern take on the saga of a cloned messiah and the church that bent his teachings to their will.”

Orlando added: “I've loved Loaded Bible since it first debuted, years ago. To me, this is what comics have always been about: exciting, provoking and entertaining our readers! Here was a book whose headline was bound to get attention, and still will — but inside, I found a hard-hitting adventure about compassion and hope, with plenty of punches to the face along the way. For this estranged Milton student, there was no question that Jesus could be a blockbuster hero. This is grindhouse pop culture; it has been since its inception. But at its core, gonzo as it is, it's a celebration of a lone protector at the end of the world, who risks his life every day to defend love, defend compassion and crush hypocrisy and cruelty wherever it hides.”

In Loaded Bible: Blood of My Blood, decades after the events of the original cult series, Jesus’ vampire-hunting clone is a bigger outlaw than ever, and now, he faces a threat like no other. It's the guardian of the forsaken versus the forsaker himself. Because this time, the church has cut a deal with the vampire nations to unite under their resurrected savior — Dracula!

“It's amazing to be with Tim and Steve on this project!" said Cafaro. "Especially if is an ultra-violent and super fun book for Image Comics!”

• First issue!

MAGIC ORDER 2 #5

THE ME YOU LOVE IN THE DARK VOL 1 TPB

NEWBURN #4

NITA HAWES' NIGHTMARE BLOG #5

NOCTERRA #8

ROGUE SUN #1

Story: Ryan Parrott | Art: Abel, Chris O'Halloran | Covers: Declan Shalvey, Goñi Montes, Abel, Daniele Di Nicuolo, Brett Booth

Hot on the heels of the exciting Supermassive one-shot kickoff to the expanding Radiant Black universe comes the highly anticipated Rogue Sun by Ryan Parrott and Abel — and fans are treated to a sneak peek of what’s to come with a very special video trailer drop.

Video edited by Alec Siegel and featuring a voice over by Joel Bryant, this pulse-pounding trailer gives fans a look at the Rogue Sun world.

Rogue Sun is Parrott’s first comic at Image — after lending his talents to 50+ issues of Power Rangers — and his is an original Image superhero for fans looking for a high octane, action-packed read.

Rogue Sun kicks things into high gear when rebellious teenager Dylan Siegel discovers that the late superhero Rogue Sun was his estranged father, Marcus — and that he’s inherited his father’s mantle. Tasked with protecting our world from the forces of the supernatural — and solving his father’s murder — Dylan will be forced to come to terms with the man he’s spent the majority of his life hating. This new ongoing series is a supernatural murder mystery that explores the complicated bond between father and son and cements itself squarely in a corner of the Image Comics superhero universe.

Readers new to the Radiant Black bandwagon won’t want to miss out on this exciting new entry-point into the contemporary superhero world best described as Invincible meets Power Rangers.

• First issue!
  • The expansion of the "Radiant Black universe" continues.

WALKING DEAD DELUXE #34

MARVEL COMICS: CARNAGE 3OTH ANNIVERSARY VARIANTS

Throughout March, Marvel Comics is proud to mark the 30th anniversary of CARNAGE with an all-new series of variant covers! Prepare to scream as your favorite Marvel heroes become new hosts of the Carnage symbiote in brand-new illustrations by all-star artists including Francesco Manna, Dan Panosian, Humberto Ramos and David Nakayama. These brilliant — and terrifying — new symbiote designs will adorn the covers of Marvel’s hottest ongoing comic series.

Covers include:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91

MOON KNIGHT #9STRANGE #1X-MEN #9

SPIDER-WOMAN #21

MARVEL COMICS: DEVIL'S REIGN IN MARCH

Mayor Wilson Fisk has all of Marvel’s heroes in his deadly grip as DEVIL’S REIGN, the latest Marvel Comics crossover event. Spinning out of writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto’s Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL, this far-reaching saga will see Kingpin use his power and influence in a vicious quest to rid the world of every last superhero. The story will conclude in March but the epic aftermath will only have just begun.

• I'm beginning to look forward to a collection of this storyline. It seems to have a meaty part for just about everyone.

DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #3 (OF 3)

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art: Rafael De Latorre | Cover: Chris Bachalo

Chip Zdarsky’s redefining work on Elektra reaches a turning point! With art by Rafael De Latorre, DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #3 will see Elektra forced to make a fateful decision. She’s sworn a vow to never take a life as long as she wears the DAREDEVIL cowl, but battered, bruised and with her back to the wall, will she be strong enough to keep it? If she is, will she be strong enough to survive the consequences of mercy?

DEVIL’S REIGN: MOON KNIGHT #1

Story: Jed Mackay | Art: Federico Sabbatini | Cover: Rod Reis

A special chapter in writer Jed MacKay’s hit run on MOON KNIGHT! With art by Federico Vicentini, this one-shot will see what happens after Moon Knight is arrested by the Thunderbolts as part of WILSON FISK’S crackdown on costumed heroes. Now a prisoner in the high-tech Myrmidon, surrounded by hostile guards and many of the very criminals he helped put away, Marc Spector must fight for his survival. But Moon Knight’s quest for justice doesn’t end just because of a little light incarceration …

DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #3 (OF 3)

Story: Zac Thompson | Art: Davide Tinto | Cover: Ivan Shavrin

Otto Octavius’ multiversal machinations come to a surprising end in Zac Thompson and Davide Tinto’s DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #3. Stranded in the Multiverse, Otto Octavius must swallow his pride and submit to a truly inferior creature in order to be saved. Now only one question remains: Can he regain the trust of the SUPERIOR FOUR and repair the fabric of the Multiverse without erasing himself from existence in the process?

DEVIL’S REIGN #5 (OF 6)

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art/Cover: Marco Checchetto

The stakes are high as Wilson Fisk enlists the aid of some of the most reprehensible, dangerous and bloodthirsty criminals the Marvel Universe has to offer! He’s been able to keep them on a short leash out of fear but in this issue, that fear runs out! Fisk’s lackeys aren’t scared of ANYTHING anymore, even him — and all of New York is left to pay the price!

DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #3 (OF 3)

Story: Clay Mcleod Chapman | Art: Manuel Garcia | Cover: Skan

Wilson Fisk’s city descends into all-out chaos in the finale of Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Manuel Garcia’s DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE. The Thunderbolts are the only law left on the streets but some of these ’Bolts are only interested in serving and protecting themselves, and where others see chaos and fear, they see OPPORTUNITY! CASH TO BE MADE! SKULLS TO BE CRACKED!

DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #3 (OF 3)

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art/Cover: Phil Noto

King takes Queen in the final issue of writer Gerry Duggan and artist Phil Noto’s revelations-packed X-Men series! Emma Frost has taken on many opponents as the White Queen, but this time, she may have bitten off more than she can chew. As Kingpin’s plans unfold, forget Krakoa — can Emma even protect herself? Be warned, this is only the start of Kingpin’s vicious moves against the X-Men!

DEVIL’S REIGN #6 (OF 6)

Story: Chip Zdarsky | Art/Cover: Marco Checchetto

Stay tuned for the cover reveal of DEVIL’S REIGN #6, the cataclysmic final issue!

MARVEL COMICS: SPIDER-MAN IN MARCH

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91

Over the past few months, Zeb Wells, Patrick Gleason, Cody Ziglar, Kelly Thompson, and Saladin Ahmed have delivered a Spider-Man saga for the ages in the pages of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! And the biggest surprises of the BEYOND era are still yet to come. Stick around to catch more adventures of Ben Reilly as Spider-Man, discover new secrets behind the Beyond corporation, and meet terrifying additions to Spider-Man’s legendary rogues gallery like Queen Goblin. Then witness Ben Reilly and Peter Parker go web to web with the future of Spider-Man up for grabs as the Beyond era come to an end in March!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91

Story:  Kelly Thompson | Art/Cover: Sara Pichelli | Beyond Board: Kelly Thompson, Patrick Gleason, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar & Zeb Wells | Cover: Arthur Adams

Find out what’s behind Door Z in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91 by writer Kelly Thompson and artist Sara Pichelli. Ben makes his way to the same place Miles Morales was last at, and he is nowhere to be found. Just door after door of true horrors. Any door’s resident could kill Spider-Man, but Door Z’s might just destroy the whole city!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92

Story: Kelly Thompson | Art: Sara Pichelli | Beyond Board: Cody Ziglar, Kelly Thompson, Saladin Ahmed, Zeb Wells & Patrick Gleason | Covers: Arthur Adams, Sara Pichelli

In Thompson and Pichelli’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92, discover what really happened to the Lizard. And what could he (or more accurately, it, after recent ASM events) possibly have to do with what has been battering Ben Reilly around?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92.BEY

Story: Saladin Ahmed, Zeb Wells & Cody Ziglar | Art: Luigi Zagaria | Beyond Board: Cody Ziglar, Patrick Gleason, Zeb Wells, Kelly Thompson, & Saladin Ahmed | Cover: Mark Bagley

Writers Saladin Ahmed, Zeb Wells, and Cody Ziglar team up with artist Luigi Zagaria for a special one-shot, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92.BEY, which will serve as an essential chapter for Monica Rambeau.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #36

Story:  Saladin Ahmed | Art: Chris Allen | Cover: Taurin Clarke

And the BEYOND era’s impact on Miles Morales is far from over. In Saladin Ahmed and Chris Allen’s MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #36, Miles and Shift are lost in the multiverse, and thanks to the Assessor — it could be a one-way trip!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93

Story: Zeb Wells | Art: Patrick Gleason | Beyond Board: Zeb Wells, Saladin Ahmed, Cody Ziglar, Kelly Thompson & Patrick Gleason | Cover: Arthur Adams

And finally, the finale of BEYOND arrives in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #93. Writer Zeb Wells and artist Patrick Gleason close out this hit run with an unforgettable showdown. And you may surprise yourself with who you’re rooting for …

MARVEL COMICS

ALIEN #10

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91

• See: "MARVEL COMICS: SPIDER-MAN IN MARCH" above.

AVENGERS EPIC COLLECTION: CROSSING THE LINE TPB

AVENGERS FOREVER #3

BLACK PANTHER #4

CAPTAIN AMERICA/IRON MAN #4

DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #3 (OF 3)

• See "MARVEL COMICS: DEVIL'S REIGN IN MARCH" above.

DARKHAWK: AIRBORNE TPB

DARKHOLD TPB

DEVIL’S REIGN: SPIDER-MAN #1 (OF 3)

Story: Anthony Piper | Art/Cover: Ze Carlos | Variant: Carlos E. Gomez | Teen+ | $4.99

The events of DEVIL'S REIGN #1-2 have put Spidey in an awful position.

As if that weren't enough, the newly returned ROSE has Spidey in his crosshairs and wants to prove that he's badder than his dad, Kingin, ever was.

• First issue!
  • Bumped from February.

DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2

Story: Gerry Duggan | Art/Cover: Phil Noto | Variant: Javier Garron | Teen+ | $3.99

DEALS WITH THE DEVIL!

Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing Emma Frost was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men... And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.

• Bumped from February.

EXCALIBUR BY TINI HOWARD VOL 4 TPB

FANTASTIC FOUR #41

HULK #3

MIGHTY MMW DAREDEVIL VOL 1: WHILE CITY SLEEPS GN

MOON KNIGHT #9

SHE-HULK #2

SPIDER-WOMAN #20

STAR WARS #21

STAR WARS: HIGH REPUBLIC #15

STAR WARS: HIGH REPUBLIC — EYE OF THE STORM #2

STAR WARS LEGENDS EMPIRE OMNIBUS VOL 1 HC

STRANGE #1

Story: Jed MacKay | Art: Marcelo Ferreira | Covers: Bjorn Barends, Artgerm, Mahmud Asrar, Frank Brunner, J. Scott Campbell, Francesco Manna, Skottie Young

Look for more information on this title in future issues of Marvel Previews.

• First issue!
  • Strange that there's virtually no information available for this title.

THE THING #5

THOR EPIC COLLECTION: WRATH OF ODIN TPB NEW PTG

WHAT IF? MILES MORALES #1

Story: Cody Ziglar | Art: Paco Medina | Covers: Sara Pichelli, Kaare Andrews, Taurin Clarke, Iban Coello, Humberto Ramos, Brian Stelfreeze | $4.99

Prepare to see Miles Morales take on the legacy of your favorite Marvel heroes in a new series titled WHAT IF … MILES MORALES. This new spin on the classic WHAT IF series will explore the Marvel Comics multiverse and answer the question “What if Miles Morales followed in the footsteps of a Marvel hero other than Spider-Man?” Each issue, all-star creators will introduce the saga of a new version of Miles Morales and it all begins with writer Cody Ziglar, artist Paco Medina and the friendly neighborhood … CAPTAIN AMERICA!

What if … Miles Morales had never been bitten by a genetically enhanced spider and became Spider-Man? What if instead … the U.S. government recruited, trained and granted him incredible powers with the Super-Soldier Serum? What makes Miles a hero no matter the circumstances, no matter the reality?!

“I’m a supreme Miles stan and life-long Cap truther, so being asked to helm the kick off of this What If? series was a dream come true,” Ziglar said. “Simply can’t wait for folks to see our boy Miles yeet’ that shield and how he handles the mantle of Captain America.”

Stay tuned for more information on the other Miles Morales heroes readers will meet in this extraordinary new series including fascinating new versions of Wolverine, Thor and Hulk designed by Paco Medina!

• First issue!

X-MEN #9

X-MEN BY GERRY DUGGAN VOL 1 TPB

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OTHER PUBLISHERS

24 HOUR HISTORY COLLECTED GN

• Young Readers

AGGRETSUKO OUT OF OFFICE #3

ARCHIE SHOWCASE DIGEST #7 BATTLE OF BFFS

BLACK COTTON TPB

BLUE FLAME #7

BOFURI DON’T WANT TO GET HURT MAX OUT DEFENSE VOL 2 GN

BROKEN GARGOYLES VOL 2: SIN AND VIRTUE

CARRIERS #2

CASAGRANDES VOL 2: ANYTHING FOR FAMILIA GN

CHARLIE’S SPOT #3

CHASING AFTER AOI KOSHIBA VOL 2 GN

CHEAP TRICKS #1 (OF 8)

• First issue!
    • Young Readers

CLASSROOM OF THE ELITE VOL. 1

10092212055?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art by: Yuyu Ichino Syougo Kinugasa | Translation: Richard Tobin |  Lettering: Roland Amago and Bambi Eloriaga-Amago | Seven Seas | Teen (13+) | 188 pages | $13.99

Based on the popular psychological drama light novels (also from Seven Seas) that inspired an anime!

From the outside, attending the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School seems like a dream come true. Its students are given remarkable freedom, and it boasts a placement rate of almost one hundred percent. Tokyo Metropolitan can get students their places in the elite jobs and universities of their dreams — if they can win, barter, or save enough points to work their way up the ranks! Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has landed at the bottom of this cutthroat academy in the scorned Class D, where he meets Horikita Suzune, a girl who’s determined to rise up the ladder to Class A. Can they beat the system in a school full of ruthless competition?

• First issue!

COWBOY BEBOP #2

9823367681?profile=RESIZE_710xTitan | 32 pages | $3.99

Story: Dan Watters | Art: Lamar Mathurin | Covers: Andie Tong, Claudia Ianniciello

BASED ON THE NEW NETFLIX LIVE-ACTION ADAPTATION OF THE ORIGINAL ANIME!

An original story set in the year 2171. The bounty hunter crew of the spaceship Bebop chase an ex-gang member who holds a vest which gives the wearer unlimited luck.

New Netflix series starring John Cho (STAR TREK), Mustafa Shakir (LUKE CAGE) and Daniela Pinada (JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM).

10148405273?profile=RESIZE_710x10148405101?profile=RESIZE_710x10148405665?profile=RESIZE_710x10148405495?profile=RESIZE_710x10148405863?profile=RESIZE_710x9823367701?profile=RESIZE_710x9823368090?profile=RESIZE_710xDEFECTIVE COMICS ANNUAL ONE-SHOT

DESTINY, NY VOL 1 TPB

DIEGO RIVERA

10148407283?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Francisco de la Mora  | Illustration: José Luis Pescador | SelfMadeHero | $22.99

The newest installment in SelfMadeHero’s "Art Masters" series … Diego Rivera was a revolutionary painter in more ways than one. Attending art school at 11, by his twenties he was counted among the most influential figures of the Parisian art scene of the early 20th century. He met Lenin in Paris, Stalin in Moscow and offered refuge to Trotsky during his Mexican exile. Meanwhile, his work was commissioned by giants of capitalism: Henry Ford and John D. Rockefeller. Rivera’s indefatigable industry was matched by his zest for life, accumulating hundreds of lovers and four wives — including Frida Kahlo, whose formidable partnership is also one of the great love stories of art history. This beautifully realized graphic novel tells the story of the extraordinary life and times of an artist for whom myth and reality fused.

• I'm tempted to get this just to find out why that woman has a parrot — and a mustache. Or is it a guy in a dress?
    • CLICK HERE FOR MORE.

DISNEY MANGA: BEAUTY & BEAST — BEAST'S TALE COLOR ED GN

DISNEY MANGA: BEAUTY & BEAST — BELLE'S TALE COLOR ED GN

DJANGO, HAND ON FIRE: THE GREAT DJANGO REINHARDT

8682522857?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Salva Rubio | Art: Efa | NBM | 88 pages | $19.99 HC, $9.99 TPB

Django Reinhardt is a legend. But Django — which may have meant "I awake" — was twice born. A first time in the snow, during the winter of 1910 in a nomadic gypsy family stationed in Liberchies, Belgium. The second in Saint-Ouen, near Paris, in the fall of 1928, when a fire in his caravan mutilated his left hand.
 Writer Salva Rubio and artist Efa have already produced together a remarkable biopic on Monet, paying tribute to the painter's obsession with light. Likewise, this biopic devoted to the youth of the prodigy musician features the passion and determination of the man who has always considered himself the greatest guitarist in the world. In this story-score, by laying out the panels like chords, the artist brings to life his passion in vibrating watercolor to better accompany the musical and technical development of the inventor of gypsy jazz. From musette to jazz, from violin to banjo then to guitar, Django's destiny is that of his "hand on fire," possessed by the supernatural spirit of the "duende" which burns in the soul of each gypsy musician. That of a miracle who is reborn from his ashes, more dazzling than ever. Cue the music!

8682522667?profile=RESIZE_710x8682523264?profile=RESIZE_710x8682523276?profile=RESIZE_710x8682523289?profile=RESIZE_710xDOES A HOT ELF LIVE NEXT DOOR TO YOU? VOL 3 GN

10148409882?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art by: Meguru Ueno | Translation: Nicole Frasik | Adaptation: Nick Mamatas | Lettering: Viet Phuong Vu | Ghost Ship | Older Teen (15+) | 160 pages | $13.99

DOUBLE-SECRET REVERSE ISEKAI!

It’s hard enough for high school student and wannabe mangaka Inudou with a smokin’ hot and ultra-weeby elf neighbor, but when Surt demands that he visit her homeland, everything gets harder. And it’s not just the fake engagement with Surt set up to appease her father, there’s a little matter of a warm bath with a dragon-tailed maid, and a midnight kiss!

What (and who?) is a boy to do when he’s trapped between two worlds, and plenty of girls!

• Nothing suggestive about that popsicle, nope, nope, nope.

DRAGON QUEST: ADVENTURES OF DAI VOL 1 GN

THE EIGHTFOLD PATH TPB

8927233888?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Charles Johnson, Steven Barnes | Art: Bryan Christopher Moss | Abrams ComicArts

From award-winning authors Charles Johnson (Twelve Days) and Steven Barnes (Middle Passage) comes a graphic novel anthology of interconnected Afrofuturistic parables inspired by the teachings of Buddha. Eight strangers looking for enlightenment from an ancient spiritual teacher are trapped in a cave high in the mountains on their way to his temple. One of his acolytes directs them to each tell a story that the group can learn from as they wait out the horrible snowstorm that rages outside the cave’s entrance. One by one the travelers each share a story that, unbeknownst to them, is actually a morality tale representing one of the aspects of final enlightenment as taught in Buddhism.

ENGINEWARD COMPLETE SERIES TPB

EVERYTHING SUCKS #1

EXCITING COMICS #18

THE FEW AND THE CURSED VOLUME 1: THE CROWS OF MANA'OLANA HC

FITZ AND CLEO GET CREATIVE YOUNG READERS GN

FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS #1 (OF 4)

GERONIMO STILTON 3-IN-1 VOL 4  GN

GIRL ON FIRE GN

GODKILLER DELUXE BOOK 2: TOMORROW’S ASHES HC

GRAND ODALISQUE & OLYMPIA BOX SET

HEADLESS SEASON 2 #2 (OF 3)

HORIZON ZERO DAWN VOL 2: LIBERATION TPB

10148466890?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Anne Toole | Artist: Elmer Damaso | Titan Comics | $17.99

Horizon: a far-future Earth full of epic natural beauty and forgotten ruins, where awe-inspiring, animal-like machines are the dominant species and humans struggle to survive in pre-industrial tribes. Set during the events of Horizon Zero Dawn, Erend and Aloy are on the hunt for the killer of an important member of the Oseram tribe, fending off deadly machines along the way. As the hunt progresses, Erend reveals the sweeping tale of the liberation of Meridian, and how his sister, Ersa, Captain of the Carja Vanguard, was murdered.

10148467296?profile=RESIZE_710x10148468252?profile=RESIZE_710x10148468089?profile=RESIZE_710x10148467892?profile=RESIZE_710x10148468685?profile=RESIZE_710x10148470864?profile=RESIZE_710xI GOT CAUGHT UP IN A HERO SUMMONS VOL 3 GN

I’M THE VILLAINOUS SO I’M TAMING FINAL BOSS VOL 3 GN

IMA KOI NOW I’M IN LOVE VOL 1 GN

JUNIPER #1

9991872487?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Nathan Tomsic, Georgiana Brown | Art: Lorenzo Colangeli | Scout Comics | $1.99

Scout Comics and Entertainment is thrilled to announce the next science fiction/fantasy pop-culture obsession, Juniper!  Fans of DARK CRYSTAL and WIZARD OF OZ will fall in love with this comic. Juniper is the only human girl on the planet of Nerth. When her friend goes missing, she and her loyal robot, Toby, go on an adventure to find them.  Incredible alien landscapes, dangerous creatures and wonderfully inventive technology bring this universe to life as a girl and her robot pursue the clues to discover the missing person’s fate. Unknown to Juniper and Toby, a powerful malevolent force shadows them with sinister plans of its own.

The creators, Nathan Tomsic and Georgiana Brown, make their comic book debut with this series and already have mapped out several volumes for their saga.  Nathan is a film school grad who has found his calling writing comics. When not writing he can usually be found working on his true-crime YouTube channel, riding a bike at the skate park, or taking his little Pomeranian for a walk.  Georgiana is a farm girl who’s moved to the big city of Sydney. Shy by nature, she impresses everybody (including herself) when she gets on stage as the lead performer in a blues and funk band. Georgiana has been writing for as long as she can remember. Be it lyrics, dialogue between characters, or world design, she’s a master of the craft.

The superb artwork by Lorenzo Colangeli is the perfect addition to this talented team.  The detail and care poured into every panel visually elevate this comic to one of the top all-ages offerings of 2022.  Equally adept at creating believable worlds, wonderfully inventive creatures and technology, and engaging expressions, Lorenzo is a rare find.  

9991877293?profile=RESIZE_710x9991891856?profile=RESIZE_710x9991896464?profile=RESIZE_710x9991868265?profile=RESIZE_710xKNIGHT JANEK #3 (OF 3)

LAST BOOK YOU’LL EVER READ #5

LAST SONG TPB

LEGEND OF BRIGHTBLADE GN

• Middle Grade readers

LIVING ROOM MATSUNAGA SAN VOL 6 GN

LOVE AND ROCKETS COMICS VOL. IV #11

10163518492?profile=RESIZE_710xby Gilbert and Jaime Hernandez

As we learned in issue #10, so now Maggie and Tonta are buddies! Or are they? And where is Vivian (besides spellbinding us on the cover)?? Hell, even Jaime wants to know! Meanwhile, in the Gilbert Cinematic Universe, Rosy goes to her first comic con with Venus, while a female webcammer with the world’s biggest biceps (?) joins the cast! Love and Rockets: still the GoaT!

10163519053?profile=RESIZE_710x10163518891?profile=RESIZE_710x10163519252?profile=RESIZE_710x10163519284?profile=RESIZE_710x10163519481?profile=RESIZE_710xMAGUS OF LIBRARY VOL 4 GN

MASHLE MAGIC & MUSCLES VOL 5 GN

MELOWY VOL 5: MELOWEEN GN

MY HERO ACADEMIA VOL 30 GN

NIGHTMARE BRIGADE VOL 1: CASE OF THE GIRL FROM DEJA VU GN

• Young Readers

NORTH BEND SEASON 2 #2

OLYMPIANS BOXED SET VOL 7-12

OLYMPIANS VOL 12: DIONYSOS NEW GOD GN

ONE PIECE BOX SET VOL 4: DRESSROSA TO REVERIE GN

ORCS IN SPACE #8

PLATINUM END VOL 14 GN

RE ZERO SLIAW CHAPTER 4 VOL GN

RICK AND MORTY: CORPORATE ASSETS #4

ROBYN HOOD: SHADOWS OF THE PAST ONE-SHOT #1

SAINT YOUNG MEN VOL 6 GN

SAINTS MAGIC IS OMNIPOTENT VOL 5 GN

SAVAGE CIRCUS #9 (OF 10)

SEEDS OF SPRING #3 (OF 15)

SEIS CUERDAS: DEFENDER OF MEXICO TPB

SMURFS 3-IN-1 VOL 5 GN

SPY SCHOOL VOL 1 GN

• Young Readers

STAKE VOL 1 TPB

STAR RUNNER CHRONICLES ORIGINS ONE-SHOT

SWAMP DOGS #2

THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED AS A SLIME BOX SET SEASON 1 PART 1

THE CRATER GN

TO DRINK & EAT VOL 3 HC

TO SAVE WORLD WAKE MORNING AFTER DEMI HUMAN VOL 4 GN

TOPPU GP VOL 5 GN

UNDEAD UNLUCK VOL 6 GN

USHER OF THE DEAD #1

VAL X LOVE VOL 10 GN

WALK ME TO THE CORNER GN

• A married woman's life explodes when she's attracted to another woman in this Drawn & Quarterly GN.
    • Here's the solicitation.

WHITE BIRD A WONDER STORY SC

WHITE ROSE IN BLOOM VOL 2 GN

WINGBEARER GN

• Junior Library

WITCHY VOL 2

WORLD TRIGGER VOL 23 GN

THE WRONG EARTH: TRAPPED ON TEEN PLANET #1

9940330656?profile=RESIZE_710x9940330698?profile=RESIZE_710xStory: Gail Simone | Art: Bill Morrison, Walter Geovani, Rob Lean | Colors: Andy Troy | Lettering: Rob Steen | Covers: Jamal Igle, Gene Ha, Dan Parent

Bestselling writers Gail Simone (Red Sonja) and Mark Waid (History of the Marvel Universe) are joining AHOY Comics Editor-in-Chief Tom Peyer, Second Coming writer Mark Russell and Captain Ginger writer Stuart Moore to write world-shattering, money-grabbing, stand-alone THE WRONG EARTH specials for AHOY Comics. These comics will feature art by Bill Morrison, Walter Geovani, Michael Montenat, Fred Harper, Leonard Kirk and Greg Scott, with covers by THE WRONG EARTH co-creator and artist Jamal Igle. Each special will have a variant cover by Gene Ha; there will also be  variant covers by Dan Parent, Jerry Ordway and other artists.

“Words will be written, words will be deleted, and nothing will ever be the same,” said AHOY Comics Editor-in-Chief and THE WRONG EARTH co-creator Tom Peyer. “This is Crisis on Infinite Earths, minus the line-wide consequences that made it interesting. This is Secret Wars without toys. This is the kind of epic, superheroic storytelling that publishers and CFOs love, where the tail of wealth-enhancing variant covers wags the dog of art.”

Each of THE WRONG EARTH world-shattering special event one-shots will present a stand-alone, 25-page story that expands on the multiverse first introduced in AHOY Comics’ flagship title by Peyer and Igle, wherein the campy Dragonflyman of Earth Alpha switched places with the gritty Dragonfly of Earth Omega and chaos ensued.

The first issue to hit stores, THE WRONG EARTH: TRAPPED ON TEEN PLANET #1, finds grim-and-gritty vigilante Dragonfly whisked to an Earth of teenagers, malt shops, love triangles and nonstop jokes. Will they win him over — or will his violent methods infect their world?

“Tom Peyer and Jamal Igle created a clever premise with THE WRONG EARTH that is a deeply satisfying read. All it needed were more redheads,” said Simone. “Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town, including an earnest ginger, who is sort of in love with two girls. From a distance, this town presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world: safe, decent, innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows, specifically the long, dark shadow of the Dragonfly.”

THE WRONG EARTH world-shattering special event continues in subsequent months with:

• THE WRONG EARTH: FAME & FORTUNE #1 from writer Mark Russell, artist Michael Montenat, colorist Andy Troy, and letterer Rob Steen. On sale in April, this comic from the writer of Billionaire Island provides a satirical look at two different versions of Richard Fame and how, despite the best and worst intentions, huge gobs of money determine their own results.
    • THE WRONG EARTH: PURPLE #1 from writer Stuart Moore, artist Fred Harper, and letterer Rob Steen. On sale in May, this one-shot introduces Earth-Kappa, a dark but glossy world of big hair, shoulder pads, Wall Street traders, rubber super-suits, and funk music. Get the funk up!
    • THE WRONG EARTH: CONFIDENCE MEN #1 by writer Mark Waid, artist Leonard Kirk, and letterer Rob Steen. On sale in June, it’s the tale of two sidekicks! On campy Earth-Alpha, circumstances force kid sidekick Stinger to become Dragonflyman's mentor! On gritty Earth-Omega, Dragonfly and Stinger go to war — against each other!
    • THE WRONG EARTH: MEAT #1 from writer Tom Peyer, artist Greg Scott, and letterer Rob Steen, on sale in July. On campy Earth-Alpha, Dragonflyman and Stinger follow clues to foil the beef-themed crimes of Dr. Meat. On gritty Earth Omega, a tragedy compels Dragonfly to imprison a criminal in an abandoned slaughterhouse — just to have someone to talk to.

“There’s never been a better time to discover THE WRONG EARTH,” said Igle. “Read these fan favorite comics now, before they’re discovered by a Hollywood executive who divides fandom forever by releasing a barely coherent film, with at least two directors and four screenwriters attached.”

YAKUZA LOVER VOL 4 GN

YURI IS MY JOB VOL 8 GN

MAGAZINES

COMIC SHOP NEWS (90CT BUNDLE) #1802

RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE #205

SARTORIAL GEEK #1

TOYROBOT MAGAZINE #3

TOYROBOT MAGAZINE #4

VAMPIRESS CARMILLA 2023 ANNUAL #1

• "Vampiress" by "Warrant Publishing." How do they not get sued?

BOOKS

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR: ULTIMATE PREY SC NOVEL

ART OF STAR WARS: MANDALORIAN SEASON 2 HC

BERSERK OF GLUTTONY VOL 5 LIGHT NOVEL

10092224071?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Isshiki Ichika fame | Translation: Hengtee Lim |  Adaptation: Veles Svitlychny | Interior Design: Clay Gardner | Airship | Teen (13+) | 356 pages | $14.99

Myne’s disappearance has left Fate reeling, but as the new head of the Barbatos family, he must be strong. At first he’s focused on reforging a bond with his former tormentor and new sister, Memil. Then a grim encounter critically endangers Roxy’s soul, and Fate must find a way to protect her before his Gluttony devours her once and for all. But as he searches, unexpected answers to old mysteries begin to emerge — and the truths Fate uncovers about his own heritage prove as dangerous and strange as they are difficult to swallow.

BLACK PANTHER: SPELLBOUND HC NOVEL

COLORS & CAPES SIZES & SHAPES BOARD BOOK

DISNEY ENCANTO GN

THE HIDDEN DUNGEON ONLY I CAN ENTER VOL. 6 LIGHT NOVEL

10092210072?profile=RESIZE_710xStory & Art: Meguru Seto Takehana Note | Translation: T. Emerson | Adaptation: C.A. Hawksmoor | Interior Layout & Design: Bee Carlson and Clay Gardner | Airship | Teen (13+) | 292 pages | $13.99

ALL HAIL KING NOIR

At long last, Noir has released his master, Olivia, from the Death Chains that kept her bound in the hidden dungeon. But before she’ll agree to train him in earnest, he’ll have to earn one hundred thousand LP! On top of that, the Hero Academy is about to kick off its annual series of competitions to determine the king and champion of the school. And then there’s the new girl in town, Mira Santage, treasure hunter extraordinaire. With all the excitement, Noir’s going to have to give his all to prove he’s worthy of his master’s tutelage.

LITTLE BOOK OF LEGS SC

LUPINA GN

SUPER HEROES OPPOSITES BOARD BOOK

TRUE BELIEVER: RISE AND FALL OF STAN LEE SC

VOICE OF THE FIRE (25th Anniversary Edition) TPB

9940251272?profile=RESIZE_710xby Alan Moore

304 pages | for mature readers (16+) | $14.99

Co-Published by Top Shelf Productions (USA) and Knockabout (UK).

"A burning bush of a novel full of earthy wonder and wisdom, Voice of the Fire is a head-spinning trip down time’s sacred whirlpool." — The Village Voice

Returning in a gorgeous new paperback format: the astonishing first prose novel from the legendary Alan Moore — an epic yet intimate portrait of a single English town across the whole span of human history.

In a story full of lust, madness and ecstasy, we meet twelve distinctive characters that lived in the same region of central England over the span of six thousand years. Their narratives are woven together in patterns of recurring events, strange traditions and uncanny visions.

Throughout, the image of the fire resonates between the tales, while Moore finds a different voice for each character — though most are inherently duplicitous in some manner, leading to a further commentary on the disparity between myth and reality, and which is more likely to endure over time.

With a new cover design by John Coulthart.

10154444691?profile=RESIZE_710x10154444698?profile=RESIZE_710x10154445258?profile=RESIZE_710x10154445088?profile=RESIZE_710x10154445470?profile=RESIZE_710x10154445860?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Really, I've always thought that the concept of the "Mirror Universe" was inherently flawed.  You are the result of your two parents doing a certain thing at a certain time.  They in turn were the result of your four grandparents doing likewise, and your eight great-grandparents, and your sixteen great-great-grandparents, and so on back to the dawn of time, until it becomes clear that you (and all of us) are the end result of all of human history going exactly the way it did.

Any point of divergence that starts before the moment of your conception is increasingly likely to produce an alternate universe that doesn't include you the further back you go.

Since we know that the Terran Empire was well established in Archer's time (It's heavily implied that the divergence goes back centuries, possibly even millennia), it's inconceivable that a counterpart to Geordi or any other human characters we know could possibly exist there.

That said, I love me some Mirror Universe episodes.  It's fun seeing familiar characters behaving in ways they never could normally.

• I know I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief, and I do, but somewhere in the back of my brain something calls shenangians when every major character in our universe is also a major character in the mirror universe. Wouldn't some of them have been assassinated? Wouldn't some of them have been executed for attempting assassinations? Wouldn't Geordi LaForge, who was born blind, have been left for the wolves or something in the brutal mirror universe?
  • I'm tempted to get this just to find out why that woman has a parrot — and a mustache. Or is it a guy in a dress?

Now I don't know why the woman has a parrot, but it isn't a guy in a dress. That would be Frida Kahlo, I believe

• The Baron said:

Since we know that the Terran Empire was well established in Archer's time (It's heavily implied that the divergence goes back centuries, possibly even millennia), it's inconceivable that a counterpart to Geordi or any other human characters we know could possibly exist there.

Since I didn't watch Enterprise after the first season, I actually didn't know all that. But you're absolutely right. I was only looking back a generation, but when you take the system as a whole -- as you did -- the idea that Geordi or Picard or anyone else exists in the Mirror Universe becomes preposterous. The idea that the whole TNG crew would somehow come to be, and in the same rank relationships, punches suspension-of-disbelief in the face and takes its lunch money.

But yeah, I enjoy seeing our characters act completely out of character, too. And I absolutely loved Spock's comment about how easily the USS Enterprise crew was able to identify the mirror world counterparts as phonies and imprison them, whereas Kirk and Spock bluffed their way through the mirror world. It was something like "It was easier for us, as civilized men, to pretend to be barbaric, than for them, as barbarians, to pretend to be civilized men." Take that, fascists.

Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) said:

Now I don't know why the woman has a parrot, but it isn't a guy in a dress. That would be Frida Kahlo, I believe.

Well, I'm 0-for-2 today, since I don't know anything about art history. I took a class once in college, but all I did was memorize the information, regurgitate it for the tests, and promptly forget it. The fact that you know who Frida Kahlo is, Travis, makes you an expert compared to me.

Keep it coming, y'all. One of the things I love about this board is the ejumication I receive.

• "...it's inconceivable that a counterpart to Geordi or any other human characters we know could possibly exist there."

But if we're dealing with truly infinite alternate realities...?

• If they're infinite, I imagine that everything that can happen does happen somewhere. But Star Trek only seems interested in the single parallel universe, which isn't infinite.

• What I know about Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo is mainly from the movie Frida (2002).

The internet tells me that, as a feminist statement, in self-portraits she emphasized her eyebrows into a unibrow and the slight hair above her lip into an actual mustache. Actual photographs aren't this extreme.

In the movie she was played by Salma Hayek. Coincidentally, the names Kahlo and Hayek are both non-Hispanic names. Salma Hayek's father was Lebanese and Frida Kahlo's father was German.

• Frida Kahlo was featured on a US stamp around 2000-2001

10161816696?profile=RESIZE_710x

Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) said:

I'm tempted to get this just to find out why that woman has a parrot — and a mustache. Or is it a guy in a dress?

Now I don't know why the woman has a parrot, but it isn't a guy in a dress. That would be Frida Kahlo, I believe

This reply was deleted.