Good afternoon, culture vultures! Here's an overview of the week to come in comics and related pop culture. It's a little late — I usually post on Sunday — but as you can see, we're trying something new.

For the record, in the outside world the Johnson & Johnson single-shot vaccine is joining the fight against COVID-19; an investigation of New York Gov. Mario Cuomo has begun; many Texans are still without power, water and ethical leadership; and Donald Trump gave a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference next to a golden statue of himself, that was, wait for it, made in Mexico. They're not sending us their best, you know.

ON THE SCREEN

Flash season 7 premieres

The last three episodes of season 6 were delayed by the pandemic, and will serve as the first three episodes of this season. They will deal with Mirror Master (although I don't think she's been called that yet) and getting Iris out of the mirror universe. Hartley Sawyer, who plays Elongated Man, will appear as these episodes were filmed before he was fired (for racist and misogynist social media posts). The showrunners say Elongated Man isn't gone for good, but will be re-cast — which doesn't require much explanation, since the Ductile Detective can change his appearance. Sue Dearborn (Natalie Dreyfuss) is also returning as a semi-regular.

Not much is known about season 7, except that there will be two Big Bads. The supervillain Chillblaine has been cast, but from the chatter, appears to be a minor character. I guess we'll see!

Wynonna Earp returns

The supernatural Western returns for the final six episodes of season 4, its last, beginning March 5 on Syfy.

I haven't watched this show, even though it's based on a comic book, because whenever the topic came up there was always something else we wanted to watch more. We plan to catch up during the summer doldrums, when there's less competition.

The series features Wynonna Earp (Melanie Scrofana) as the great-granddaughter of Wyatt, who dispatches demons with a magical gun in the small Rocky Mountains town of Purgatory, near the Canadian border. She's accompanied by an eclectic, scruffy group of allies, some of them with powers of their own, which is almost a requirement since Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

WandaVision season finale

Do I really need to tout this?

MOVIES

Chaos Walking

Chaos Walking is an adaptation of "The Knife of Never Letting Go," the first book in Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy. It premieres in theaters March 5.

I've never read the novels, so I can't comment on the content. But I can note that two genre veterans play the leads. Tom Holland (the current Spider-Man) plays Todd Hewitt, who lives in the not-too-distant future on a planet with no women where all men are afflicted by "The Noise," which puts their thoughts on display. (Brace yourself, ladies. The interiors of men's brains are a wretched hive of scum and villainy.) Daisy Ridley (Rey in the recent Star Wars trilogy) is Viola, a mysterious girl who crash lands on the planet, and will obviously need protection from all those sex-deprived men. Maybe I don't want to see their thoughts projected, hey?

Side note: If I were named Viola, I think I'd exclaim "Voila!" a lot. Maybe nobody would get it, but I would laugh a private laugh.

Raya and the Last Dragon (animation, theaters, March 5)

Arriving in theaters March 5.

"Raya" is a Pixar animated movie about a girl who has to track down the last dragon to save her fractured land, which is on the fantasy planet Kumandra. The dragon is referred to as "legendary," but I assume it wills how up at some point to justify the title. In the meantime, Raya will almost certainly have some awesome Disney-style adventures.

INFINITE FRONTIER

DC's two-month "Future State" initiative came to an end last week, leading to this week's "Infinite Frontier" launch. Aside from sounding cool, I don't think Infinite Frontier means anything — my hunch is that it was supposed to be called "5G" until Dan DiDio got fired.

For those coming in late, DiDio is the former co-publisher of DC Comics, who planned to re-write DC history into discrete generations, and then replace the current roster of superheroes with the "fifth generation" of descendants/legacies. That plan died with DiDio's employment, and whatever he planned has been turned into whatever this is.

Some lagniappe may have occurred, in that we're getting a lot of fresh characters in starring roles, as well as the old guard doing their thing, as they always have. Having our cake, as it were.

Here are this week's Infinite Frontier launches:

Infinite Frontier #0 one-shot

Wraparound cover: Dan Jurgens, Mikel Janín ($5.99) • Card stock variant: John Timms ($6.99) • Writers: Scott Snyder, Geoff Johns, James Tynion Iv, Joshua Williamson, Geoffrey Thorne, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Brian Michael Bendis, Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Joëlle Jones, Tim Sheridan • Art: John Timms, Howard Porter, Joëlle Jones, Jorge Jimenez, Alitha Martinzez, David Marquez, Stephen Byrne, Jamal Igle, Dexter Soy, Rafa Sandoval, Alex Maleev, John Romita Jr., others

DC Comics • 64 Pages • FC

As you can see from the credits above, Infinite Frontier contains 12 stories — "64 Big Pages!", as they used to say — leading into various titles launching or re-branding in the months to come. That makes it a must-buy if you have any interest in the DC Universe, which I do.

Batman #106

Art and cover by Jorge Jimenez • 1:25 card stock variant cover by Riccardo Federici • Wraparound variant cover by Jorge Jimenez • Written by James Tynion IV

$4.99 • 40 Pages • FC

The Batman story in Infinite Frontier #0 is evidently going to depict a Joker attack so awful that the villain is driven from Gotham City, resulting in a worldwide manhunt led by James Gordon. (Who is not currently the police commissioner of Gotham City.) Batman and Ghost-Maker (a rival from Batman's past) battle the Scarecrow while new character Simon Saint pitches a new kind of law enforcement for the city (which you and I know becomes the fascist Magistrate in "Future State"). Will he succeed? (Kinda has to, doesn't he? That's the danger of future stories: They tend to kill suspense.)

There's also a back-up Damian story, a character I've come to really enjoy. I didn't read the story where he broke up with Batman, but he's still wearing the Robin suit for some reason. (Reader indentification, of course. But I don't know the in-story reason.)

Anyway, I appreciate DC's new attempt at multi-story comics, whether they be these 40-pagers with a backup or full anthologies. I think it's more bang for the buck (Marvel's $5 comics are still 32 pages), and they that take longer than 10 minutes to read. I hope it works.

Crime Syndicate #1 (of 6)

Cover: Jim Cheung • Variant: by Skan • Writer: Andy Schmidt • Art: Kieran McKeown• Backup story/art: Bryan Hitch

DC Comics • $3.99 • 32 Pages

Who doesn't love the Crime Syndicate? Come on, they're vastly amusing -- well, despite all the murder and mayhem. And sure, every minute that goes by without Ultraman killing Owlman stretches my suspension of disbelief. But these ersatz Justice Leaguers are so over-the-top nasty that they scratch an itch the oh-so-noble JLA never gets near. And they're on a newly reborn Earth-3, where God intended for them to be.

The backup story is the origin of Ultraman, the pettiest Superman in the multiverse.

Suicide Squad #1

Art/cover: Eduardo Pansica • Variant: Gerald Parel • Writer: Robbie Thompson

DC Comics • $3.99 • 32 Pages

It looks like Peacemaker is replacing Harley Quinn as the star of Suicide Squad even before the movie comes out. That's fine; Harley's been over-exposed for a long time and she's a character who's better in small doses.

Anyway, as we saw in Future State: Suicide Squad #1-2, Amanda Waller eventually evolves the Suicide Squad from its current all-villain lineup into various iterations of the Justice League (who are also villains). So it comes as no surprise that this evolution begins here, as she tries to recruit Superboy. (Not sure which one.)

The Swamp Thing #1 (of 10)

Art/cover by Mike Perkins • Variant cover by Francesco Mattina • Written by Ram V

DC Comics • $3.99 US • 32 Pages

There's a new Swamp Thing in town, a native of India named Levi Kamei. I don't know if he starred in Future State: Swamp Thing, because I haven't read those two issues yet. Honestly, I've really only enjoyed Swampy when Alan Moore wrote him. When some other writer is at the helm, he's just another sad monster.

Anyway, this miniseries is connected to Future State: Swamp Thing in some fashion, according to the solicitations, even though FS:SW takes place in the far future. Same creative team, though.

KING IN BLACK

This interminable crossover enters its fourth month with no end in sight. On the good news front, since I refuse to read anything that uses the word "symbiote," it's saving me a ton of money. Anyway, here's this week's money-suck for Venom enthusiasts:

Daredevil #26 2nd Ptg

King in Black: Captain America #1

Cover: Salvador Larroca • Black History Month variant: Ernarda Souza  • Mech Strike variant: Patrick Brown  • Variant: Butch Guice • Writer: Danny Lore • Art: Mirko Colak

Marvel Comics • Teen+ • $4.99

Blah blah Knull blah blah. Check out that Guice variant, though, where he's releasing his inner Jack Kirby. I remember being amused back in the day noting how many times Kirby drew Cap with his knees an impossible distance apart.

King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage #3 (of 3)

Cover: Ken Lashley • Variant: David Lafuente • Writer: Seanan McGurie • Art: Flaviano

Marvel Comics • Teen+ • $3.99

Blah blah Gwen Stacy blah blah. Hey, Carnage is a chick now! What happened to the psychopathic redneck?

King in Black Handbook #1

Cover: Ron Lim • Writers: Mike O'Sullivan, The OHOTMU Team

Marvel Comics • Teen+ • $4.99

There are so many symbiotes they get their own Handbook now. (Sigh.)

King in Black: Thunderbolts #3 (of 3)

Cover: Kyle Hotz • Variant: Rian Gonzalez • Writer: Matthew Rosenberg • Art: Juan Ferreyra

Hey, wait: Mr. Fear and Taskmaster on the same team? Won't they argue over who gets to rock the skull mask?

King in Black: Wiccan and Hulkling #1

Cover: Jim Cheung • Stormbreakers variant: Peach Momoko  • Writer: Tini Howard • Art: Luciano Vecchio

Marvel Comics • Teen+ • $4.99

My chief complaint about this couple is that "Hulkling" is a really stupid name.

Bad Idea

Bad Idea is a new publisher that brags its comics will never be collected in trades, it will never offer variant covers and it will only be in your LCS by invitation. I'm not sure why Bad Idea thinks those are pluses. Some, I'm sure, will consider them minuses.

But they do promise quality books. They're printed in prestige format with matte-laminate covers and heavy-duty interior paper stock. They are also offering backup stories — "B-Sides" in Bad Idea jargon — for free. That is to say, their comics are priced at $3.99 for 48 pages. That is a plus!

My shop isn't a Bad Idea "destination store," so I may never see any more of Bad Idea than I do in the copious previews they send me. Speaking of which, here's a preview of their first effort, coming March 3:

ENIAC #1 (of 4)

Cover by Lewis Larosa with Diego Rodriguez • Writer: Matt Kindt • Art: Doug Braithwaite • Colors by Diego Rodriguez

B-Side story "Save Now"

Writer: Matt Kindt • Art: Tomas Giorello • Colors: Diego Rodriguez

Bad Idea • $3.99 • 48 pages • Teen+

The premise of this book is that the United States accidentally created the first artificial intelligence in World War II, the eponymous ENIAC. U.S. leaders became aware of ENIAC's autonomy when it ordered the atomic-bomb attack on Nagasaki all on its lonesome. Then it went underground, and nobody knows what it's been up to since then.

Now it's back.

I'd describe this backup story, except I don't have to: Bad Idea sent the whole story as a preview! (And it's pretty good.)

Two-Tone variants by Michael Cho

Marvel will release 10 retro-style variants in March by artist Michael Cho that are rendered with only two inks.

ON SALE MARCH 3

Avengers #43

ON SALE MARCH 10

Amazing Spider-Man #61

Immortal Hulk #44

Strange Academy #9

ON SALE MARCH 17

Iron Man #7

Spider-Woman #10

Thor #13

ON SALE MARCH 24

Black Panther #24Captain America #28

Savage Avengers #19

Women's History Month variants

Marvel is releasing eight style-conscious "Women's History Month" variant covers in March by Jen Bartel. Here are the ones they've released so far.

ON SALE MARCH 3

Avengers #43

ON SALE MARCH 17

Iron Man #7

Spider-Woman #10

ON SALE MARCH 24

Black Panther #24

ON SALE MARCH 31

Black Cat #4

King In Black: Ghost Rider #1

Silk #1

X-Men #19

HIGHLIGHTS & FIRST ISSUES

America Chavez: Made in the USA #1 (of 5)

Cover: Sara Pichelli • Variant: Stephanie Hans • Variant: Jung-Geun Yoon • Writer: Kalinda Vazquez • Art: Carlos Gomez

America Chavez is coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (on TV) so it should come as no surprise to anyone that she's getting this miniseries. I'm guessing the trade will arrive at pretty much the same time Chavez appears on the small screen.

Black Canary: Bird of Prey TPB

Cover by Carmine Infantino • Written by Robert Kanigher, Gardner Fox, Dennis O'Neil • Art by Carmine Infantino, Alex Toth, Murphy Anderson, others

DC Comics • $29.99 • 294 Pages

When I read what was in this trade I thought, "Gee, that looks familiar." And sure enough, the same material was published in Black Canary Archives Vol. 1, currently yellowing on my bookshelf. The contents are identical, except that this new trade doesn't include the Johnny Thunder story from Flash Comics #89. Curious, I pulled out the Archives, and checked. What do you know, it's the one Johnny Thunder story from Flash Comics #86 to Flash Comics #104 that does NOT have an appearance by Black Canary.  I guess the Archives included it for completeness' sake, but the TPB didn't feel the need.

Breaklands Vol 1: The Chase

Writer: Justin Jordan • Art/Cover: Tyasseta

Dark Horse • $19.99

I haven't read the five-issue miniseries collected here, but after reading the description (for this post) I got interested. It's set 150 years after the collapse of civilization, where everyone has super-powers of varying utility and strength. One kid's younger brother has the greatest power of all, and the older brother has to protect him in what promises to be a road trip in this awful future, while pursued by awful people. It's described as Mad Max meets Akira, and I enjoyed both of those!

P.S. Both Dark Horse and Diamond say this book is coming March 3, yet it's not on Diamond's March 3 comprehensive list (Diamond lists it as March 3 if you Google it). So I dunno if it's coming out or not.

Brzrkr #1

Writers: Matt Kindt, Keanu Reeves • Art: Ron Garney

BOOM! • Mature • $4.99

Here's a new comic that's co-written by actor Keanu Reeves. That's good, I guess? Well, veteran Matt Kindt is also aboard, so he'll keep it professional.

The premise is that Keanu the hero is a berserker who is half-man, half-god and immortal. His divine side drives him to violence, which he satisfies by being an assassin for the U.S. government. In return, they promise to find a way for him to die.

I've never seen a John Wick movie, but I've seen clips of ultra-violence that makes me think this book is sort of like "what if John Wick had super-powers but still really liked guns?"

Chariot #1

Cover A: Jeff Dekal • Cover B: Mike Deodata • Writer: Bryan Hill • Art: Priscilla Petraites

AWA • $3.99

A secret agent with a supercharged muscle car sank into the ocean during the Cold War. Now a petty crook has found it, and somehow the car still works, plus the (presumably dead) agent's mind is somehow controlling it. It's like Knight Rider crossed with ... what? Ed Brubaker's Criminal?

Dead Dogs Bite #1 (of 4)

Writer/Art/Cover: Tyler Boss • Cover  B: Ian Bertram

Dark Horse • $4.99

Described as Twin Peaks meets Lady Bird, Dead Dog's Bite is a missing persons case where, Dark Horse says, nothing is what it seems. Since they usually put out quality books, I thought it worth mention.

Demon Days: X-Men #1

Writer/Art/Cover: Peach Momoko • Variant: Artgerm • Variant: Mark Brooks • Variant: Gurihiru • Variant: Leinil Francis Yu

Marvel • Teen+ • $4.99

Peach Momoko, whose covers seem to be everywhere these days, writes and draws this miniseries, which re-imagines the X-Men as characters from Japanese Yokai stories, horror stories, folktales and classic samurai tales. So we'll see Psylocke as a samurai, Wolverine as an oni, and so forth. Could be fun.

Girlsplaining OGN HC 

Writer/Art/Cover: Katja Klengel (A/CA) Katja Klengel

Boom EntertainmentMature$17.99

Here's an odd one I thought worth mention: A mature-readers cartoon book about female sexuality.

It's a good idea, by my lights, exploring the intersection between biology and sociology. For example, it answers questions like "Why do we fear the word 'vulva'?" and "Do we really need to be ashamed of our body hair?" I always thought, going back to my own childhood, that women got the short end of the stick. Menstruation? Makeup? High heels? From biology to the social order, everything seems to designed to demean, reduce and actually injury women. (High heels damage the back.) 

So this seems like a fine idea to me, an instruction manual for girls hitting puberty. Except that this is a mature-readers book. So who's the target market? Adult women would, presumably, be well aware of most of this material. 

Well, I hope it finds a market. Heck, I wouldn't mind reading it, except that I might get cooties! (That's a joke, son. I say, that's a joke.)

The Incredible Nellie Bly: Journalist, Investigator, Feminist, and Philanthropist

Writer: Luciana Cimino • Art: Sergio Algozzino

Abrams ComicArts • $24.99

Nellie Bly was an actual person, an adventurous female reporter in an era when women were supposed to stay in the kitchen. She actually went around the world in 72 days as a circulation stunt, although in the movie she was replaced by a man. She was the inspiration for the Natalie Wood character in The Great Race and the Rosalind Russell character in His Girl Friday, as well as a jillion other intrepid female reporters, from Jane Arden to Brenda Starr to Lois Lane. I think being aware of Nellie Bly is pretty much a requirement for comics fans.

James Bond: Agent of Spectre #1

Cover A: Steve Epting • Writer: Christos Gage • Art: Luca Casalanguida

Dynamite • Teen+ • 32 pages • $3.99

SPECTRE has kidnapped Felix Lighter, and Bond is blackmailed into doing some wetwork for SPECTRE. (Special Executive for Terror, Revenge and Extortion, in case you've forgotten.) That work is, specifically, to sanction Ernst Stavro Blofeld's upstart rival for control of the organization. I've enjoyed Dynamite's Bond so far, even the ones not written by Warren Ellis, so I'll read this one.

Marvel Action: Captain Marvel (2021) #1

Cover: Sweeney Boo • Writer: Sam Maggs • Art: Isabel Escalante

IDW • $3.99

I don't brag on many IDW books — they seem to be mostly aimed at a younger crowd — so I'll mention this one, since Marvel characters are in my wheelhouse. Even when they're written for children.

Mike Mignola: The Quarantine Sketchbook

Writer/Art: Mike Mignola

Dark Horse • $39.99

I don't buy sketchbooks, because I'm in it for the story as much as the art. But I had to laugh when I saw this solicited: Only Mike Mignola could turn quarantine into money.

Nocterra #1

Art/Cover A by Tony S. Daniel, Tomeu Morey • Cover B by Jock • Cover C by Bosslogic • Cover D by Greg Capullo • Cover E Blank cover • Cover G (1:10 copy incentive) Manapul • Cover H (1:25 copy incentive) Jimenez • Cover I (1:50 copy incentive) Kristantina • Cover J (1:75 copy incentive) Jock B&W • Cover K (1:100 copy incentive) Daniel B&W • Cover L (1:150 copy incentive) Capullo B&W • Cover M (1:200 copy incentive) Blackout • Writer: Scott Snyder

Image • $3.99

Nocterra is set in a world of perpetual darkness, with many people turned into murderous shades, and survival depends on staying close to artificial light. Nocterra delivers people and goods in her brightly illuminated 18-wheeler.

I'm not usually into truck-driver stories (U.S. 1, anyone?), but Image Comics is mighty proud of this one (given the number of press releases I've received). And it's got an all-star creative lineup, including Scott Snyder, Tony McDaniel and Jock. So It'll probably be very well done.

Rick and Morty Presents: Jerryboree #1

Art/Cover: Gina Allnatt • Cover B: Kaycee Campbell • Writer: Grace Thomas

Oni Press • $4.99

I've never seen the cartoon, but people who usually like the stuff I like like it. Oni has been pumping out the miniseries, and here is another one.

Seekers of Aweto Book 1: The Hunt Is On GN

Writer/Art/Cover: Nie Jun

Ages 12–18 • 136 Pages • 7 ½ x 10 ½

$27.99 HC • $9.99 Paperback

This is similar in structure to Breaklands, in that a guy has to go on the run to protect a small-but-powerful companion. (In this case, the offspring of a god that creates aweto, the magical plant that can do everything from curing illness to bestowing immortality.) But the story is almost secondary to that art. Man, those watercolors are just awesome. They will necessarily tell a different kind of story, and evoke a different kind of response, than typical comic-book art.

Super Hxeros Vol. 1 GN

Story/Art: Ryoma Kitada • Translation: Katrina Leonoudakis • Adaptation: David Lumsdon • Lettering and Retouch: Joven Voon

Seven Seas • $13.99 • 5 x 7.125" • 180 pages

I admit to being baffled by some genres of manga, manhwa and the like. Intellectually I understand that a medium that is exploding with content is going to venture beyond the static genres of the West. But the chibis; the abrupt, unapologetic fan service; the chaste, male homoerotic material aimed at girls ... baffling. However, this one I get! I feel like Captain America when somebody made a Wizard of Oz reference. Here's the description:

"The hilarious manga series about heroes powered by horniness that inspired the new anime! When the alien Kiseichuu descend on Earth, they have one goal: eradicate the human race. They do so by feeding off the very passion that drives humans to reproduce, their H-Energy! Retto Enjo is recruited onto a team of elite, sexy superheroes assembled to save Earth. Living in a dorm with the four beautiful women of the HXEROS team, Retto finds himself caught up in a web of erotic intrigue where the whole world is at stake! Extraterrestrials and ecchi will collide in this ultimate battle for humanity’s debauchery!"

It's Porky's humor! I get it! Woo-hoo!

Undone by Blood: The Other Side of Eden #1

Art/Cover: Sami Kivela • Writers: Lonnie Nadler, Zac Thompson

Aftershock • $4.99

A man decides to rob a bank west of the Mississippi in the 1930s, during the Depression and the Dust Bowl. A sort-of Western.

Waluk: The Great Journey HC

Art/Cover: Ana Miralles • Writer: Emilio Ruiz

Magnetic Press • $19.99

Two polar bears feel their world changing, with global warming, melting ice, disappearing food and other real-world stuff that's killing their species. So what do young Waluk and old Eskimo do? They go walkabout! I'm really worried it's not going to turn out well for our ursine friends, but I sure hope so. If it ends like Laika or Pride of Baghdad or Stargazing Dog, I don't think my heart could bear it.

What Unites Us GN

Art: Tim Foley • Writers: Elliot Kirschner, Dan Rather

:01 First Second • $28.99

I can't read this book, because I don't believe in the premise. I have never been more pessimistic about our country's ability to unify than I am right now.

Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3 HC

Art and cover by Yanick Paquette

Written by Grant Morrison

$29.99 US | 136 Pages | FC | DC

I confess the real reason I've enjoyed the heck out of this series is Yanick Paquette's artwork. Not only does he draw great-looking women, he draws great-looking everything. And I had to marvel at his Themyscira; he imagined what a society that wasn't phallus-oriented would come up with, architecturally. And sure enough, instead of penises everywhere (in the form of skyscrapers), it's breasts and vulvas. Domes dominate in buildings, and Wonder Woman's plane looks uncomfortably like a vagina. (Thank goodness it's invisible or Man's World would charge her with ... I don't know, something.)

That thoughfulness is expressed in the writing, too, as you'd expect from Grant Morrison. Sure enough, Diana is gay. Or bisexual, really. Morrison just treats it as a given that in an all-female society, all-female dating would be the norm. It's not sensationalized, it just is. But when Wondy discovers men, she finds that sex with them is pretty awesome, too. There's a hint that she actually prefers it, but just never experienced it (or thought about it) before, since she didn't see a single male before adulthood. Now she's surrounded by men, and her adjustment to this new world is handled very plausibly, and if I dare say so, deftly. (Well, after the prerequisite fish-out-of-water comedy scenes.)

Obviously, I recommend this series, which ends with the above.

THE FULL LIST

You don't think I'd leave you without a checklist, do you? Here's everything scheduled for this week that I could find.

GENRE TV

Black Lightning, "The Book of Reconstruction: Chapter Four" (CW, March 1)

Snowpiercer, "Many Miles from Snowpiercer" (TNT, March 1)

Superman and Lois, "The Perks of Not Being a Wallflower" (CW, March 2)

The Flash, season 7 premiere, "All's Well That Ends Wells" (CW, March 2)

Resident Alien, "Sexy Beast" (Syfy, March 3)

For All Mankind, "Rules of Engagement" (Prime, March 5)

WandaVision, series 1 finale, episode TBD (Disney+, March 5)

Wynonna Earp, season 4 returns, "Love's All Over" (Syfy, March 5)

A Discovery of Witches, "Episode 2.9" (BBC America, March 6)

The Walking Dead, “Find Me” (AMC, March 7)

American Gods, “The Lake Effect” (Starz, March 7)

Pennyworth, "The Bleeding Heart" (Epix, March 7)

MOVIES

Chaos Walking (Theaters, March 5)

Raya and the Last Dragon (Theaters, March 5)

COMICS

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor Vol 11 GN

Arifureta Commonplace to Strongest Vol 6 GN

Amazing Spider-Man #58 2nd Ptg

Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer Vol 11 Last Remains TPB

America Chavez Made in the USA #1 (of 5)

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Vol 17

The Art of Supercell: 10th Anniversary Edition HC

Avatar: The Next Shadow #3 (of 4)

Avengers #43

Bad Mother TPB

Batgirl Vol. 8: The Joker War

Batman #106

Black Canary: Bird of Prey TPB

Beware Witch`s Shadow Winter Special

The Boys: Dear Becky TPB

Breaklands TPB

Brzrkr #1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #23

Captain America Epic Collection: Captain America Lives Again New Ptg TPB

Casual Fling #2

Chariot #1

Conan the Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol 5 HC

Crime Syndicate #1

Daredevil #26 2nd Ptg

Dead Dogs Bite #1 (of 4)

Demon Days X-Men #1 

Doctor Doom Vol 2: Bedford Falls TPB

Dr. Stone Reboot Byakuya GN

Dragon Age: The First Five Graphic Novels TPB

The Dreaming: Waking Hours #8

ElfQuest: Stargazer’s Hunt TPB

Engineward #8

Fear Case #2 (of 4)

The Final Night TPB

Fire Power by Kirkman & Samnee #9

Girlsplaining HC OGN

Happy Sugar Life Vol 8

Heavy Metal #304

Hellions #10

Infinite Frontier #0

I Will Not Reach You Vol 1

Ideal Sponger Life Vol 8 GN

I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years Maxed Out Vol 5 GN

James Bond: Agent of SPECTRE #1

James Bond: Reflections of Death HC

Joe Frank Ascent SC

Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters #1

Kakegurui Twin Vol 9 GN

King in Black: Captain America #1

King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage #3 (of 3)

King in Black Handbook #1

King in Black: Thunderbolts #3 (of 3)

King in Black: Wiccan and Hulkling #1

Marvel Action: Captain Marvel (2021) #1

Maestro:  Symphony In Gamma Key TPB

Man-Bat #2

Mike Mignola Quarantine Sketchbook HC

My Hero Academia Team-Up Missions Vol 1 GN

My Hero Academia Vigilantes GN Vol 9

Myths & Legends Quarterly Dark Princess

Nocterra #1

Overwatch: Tracer — London Calling #4

Penguin Gentleman HC

Peter Grill & Philosopher’s Time Vol 4 GN

Play It Cool Guys Vol 1 GN

Plot #8

Power Pack #4 (of 5)

Red Hood: Outlaw Vol. 4: Unspoken

Red Sonja (2019) Vol 2: Queen’s Gambit TPB

Resonant #8

Restaurant to Another World Vol 4 GN

Rick and Morty Presents Jerryboree #1

Rick and Morty Worlds Apart #2

Runaways #34

Saints Magic Is Omnipotent Vol 2 GN

Savage Avengers Vol 3: Enter the Dragon TPB

Scoop Vol 02 Buried Leads GN

Seekers of Aweto Book 1: The Hunt Is On GN

Sensational Wonder Woman #9 (digital first)

Snow white with Red Hair Vol 12 GN

Sonjaversal #2

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures #2

Star Wars: The High Republic #2 2nd Ptg Var

Star Wars: The High Republic #3

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker TPB

Suicide Squad #1

Super Hxeros Vol 1 GN

Superman: The Last Son Deluxe Edition

Swamp Thing #1

This Wonderful Season with You GN

Transformers ’84: Secrets & Lies TPB

Transformers: Beast Wars #2

Undone by Blood: The Other Side of Eden #1

Unearth #10

Vampirella/Red Sonja Vol 1: These Dark Synchronicities TPB

Walking Dead Deluxe #10

Waluk: The Great Journey HC

We Swore to Meet Next Life When Things Got Weird Vol 2 GN

What Unites Us GN

Wondercat Kyuu-Chan Vol 1 GN

Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 3

X of Swords HC

X-Men Epic Collection: Fate of the Phoenix TPB

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not superstitious, but calling your comics line "Bad Idea" is just asking for it.

• Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Was "Crappy Comics" taken?

• Regarding genre shows, I just watched the premiere episode of Debris (Mondays on NBC, Tuesdays on Peacock). It's wonderfully creepy SF.

• Thanks for the recommendation, Richard. I was wondering if Debris was worth checking out. And I have been enjoying Wynonna Earp, so I would recommend that.

This reply was deleted.