Here we go another month, and some more numbered thoughts for comics supposedly shipping in April.

1. Dark Horse Presents seems to be pulling out all of the stops for the first issue at least: Paul Chadwick and "Concrete", Frank Miller, Neal Adams, etc.

2. I am in for Bruce Jones doing a Solomon Kane mini. Then again I was on board for the previous two as well

3. The Mister X archive appeals to me, but I'll wait for a soft cover on this. If one comes out.

4. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I'm getting Action #900.

5. On the other hand the "Reign of Doomsday" storyline allows me to skip Superboy this month.

6. Okay, so tell me DC solicitations who is this "all" who have been waiting for the first date between Catman and the Huntress occurring in Birds of Prey.

7. I'm a bit surprised that John Cassaday is doing a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents cover.

8. Off on a tangent here: Seeing the Joe Kubert Library selections reminds me of the time I bought a Spanish translation of Yossel on accident at a used bookstore.

9. I see that the former Wildstorm comics are still in separate are of the solicits. After the kids comics.

10. I like IDW Hundred Penny Press initiative, too bad their regular comics are $3.99

11. One the plus side they do put out 100 page collections @$7.99

12. I'm tempted by the Madman one-shot, but I always end up liking the idea than I actually like the comic. Pass. Great art though.

13. Jim Mahfood on the art for Marijuanaman? Match made in heaven if you ask me.

14. Wait! Wait! Image is selling one series (Green Wake) with a note being written by the same writer of Rat Bastards, which has its second issue solicited this month.

15. Fear Itself line  "divides father & son, turn friend against friend" Didn't they do Civil War already?

16. When will we be done with the renumbering stunts? Latest culprit:  Thor becomes Journey Into Mystery @ issue 622 for no apparent reason I can tell.

17. I dunno I've haven't been feeling Captain America lately. Think I am going to bail.

18. Ah, a random vampire one-shot with no art team announced. Pretty lame.

19. I am loathe to buy the Amazing Spider-man comics listed with "classified", but Dan Slott hasn't done me wrong yet.

20. Marvel putting out a Backlist Reading Chronology? Good. Charging for it? Bad.

21. Iron Man 2.0? Aren't we like on Iron Man 34.0?

22. Maybe I've been reading too much '70 Cap lately, but I hope Batroc join the Thunderbolts.

23. Am I mistaken or was Deadpoolmax solicited as an ongoing, then a mini, and now an ongoing again?

24. Nice to see Terry Moore finishing up another series: Echo.

25. No offense but were people really clamoring for a $50 My Favorite Martian archive?

26. Bluewater strikes again with a Kathy Griffin comic.

27. Campfire is giving us both barrels with 7 graphic novelizations of classic literature. Very ambitious.

28. I thought the $1,500 Darth Vader bust was really up there until I saw the $2,900 Dawn statue.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 12. I'm tempted by the Madman one-shot, but I always end up liking the idea than I actually like the comic. Pass. Great art though.

Same here.

• 16. ...Thor becomes Journey Into Mystery @622...for no apparent reason.

Of course, there's a reason. It's so Marvel can publish The Mighty Thor with a new #1!!

Okay. it's not a good reason but it is a reason. :-(

• My thoughts…

DARK HORSE PRESENTS: I didn’t read DHP until Frank Miller did Sin City. the problem with most anthologies is that I usually end up really enjoying only one or two features, but I don’t anticipate that problem with the re-launch. Frank Miller, Harlan Ellison, Howard chaykin, Neal Adams, Paul Chadwick… YOW!

INFINITY, INC.: I’m ambivalent about this one. On one hand, it includes the Infinators first appearance from All-Star Squadron, but on the other, it includes only the first four issues of the series itself (seven issues total). It’s listed as “The Generations Saga, Vol. 1,” but the Generations Saga lasted 10 issues (not including the epilogue). I think I would have rather seen all ten issues in a single volume; seven seems kind of light weight for $40.

MISS FURY: I’ve heard of the character but have never read any. Read the solicitation (p.162). Sound cool to me!

ARCHIE’S MADHOUSE: I’ve read Get Lost and Humbug and other imitators of MAD and I’m very curious to read this one as well. Craig Yoe has never let me down yet with any other book he’s editied.

WALT DISNEY’S MICKEY MOUSE: I’m very excited about this one. I have one other collection of Mickey Mouse comic strips I got decades ago, and I like Floyd Gottfredson’s mice better than Carl Barks’ ducks. There, I said it!
  • 4. Sucker. But in a good way!

6. I'm on that list, fo shizzle. The past few times they've met, there has been some serious chemistry between them.

14. "By the writer of something else that hasn't come out!" should be their slogan.

15. Yes, but this time it's by good writers.

16. That's the Mystery!

25. Just Martians.

28. Shouldn't it be a Darth Vader statue and a Dawn bust? Just sayin'...

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• Regarding #6 -- I can be counted among that number as well. It'll be my first issue of Birds of Prey since issue 1. (And since the book's finally getting a decent penciller (Jesus Saiz) in the next issue, it won't be my last!
  • I love that Infinity, Inc is finally being collected but......that price will not entice readers to try it. They are really marking up these color TPBs!

Jeff of Earth-J said:
    My thoughts…

DARK HORSE PRESENTS: I didn’t read DHP until Frank Miller did Sin City. the problem with most anthologies is that I usually end up really enjoying only one or two features, but I don’t anticipate that problem with the re-launch. Frank Miller, Harlan Ellison, Howard chaykin, Neal Adams, Paul Chadwick… YOW!

INFINITY, INC.: I’m ambivalent about this one. On one hand, it includes the Infinators first appearance from All-Star Squadron, but on the other, it includes only the first four issues of the series itself (seven issues total). It’s listed as “The Generations Saga, Vol. 1,” but the Generations Saga lasted 10 issues (not including the epilogue). I think I would have rather seen all ten issues in a single volume; seven seems kind of light weight for $40.

MISS FURY: I’ve heard of the character but have never read any. Read the solicitation (p.162). Sound cool to me!

ARCHIE’S MADHOUSE: I’ve read Get Lost and Humbug and other imitators of MAD and I’m very curious to read this one as well. Craig Yoe has never let me down yet with any other book he’s editied.

WALT DISNEY’S MICKEY MOUSE: I’m very excited about this one. I have one other collection of Mickey Mouse comic strips I got decades ago, and I like Floyd Gottfredson’s mice better than Carl Barks’ ducks. There, I said it!
  • Infinity Inc. is $40 for a paperback? And it's not even the complete story? That's insane.
  • Ininity, Inc. is a hardcover, but it is $40. Issue #11 of the original series served as an epilogue to the "Generations Saga" making volume two seven issues as well (#5-11). I'm sure DC's thought was to have the "Generations Saga" complete in two volumes including the All-Star Squadron material, but I'd much rather have been offered #1-11 (or #1-10) complete in one volume. It's like the two volumes of George Perez JLA stories: those could have all fit in one single volume as well.

• I saw that Infinity Inc. trade but I didn't check the price. Wow, I sure am glad I picked up those issues out of 20¢ boxes.

I'm glad you said something about the strip collections, Jeff. They aren't of interest to me, but I'm sure they are to others.

This reply was deleted.