Another month is upon us, and here are my thought on some of the stuff coming out in April.

1. I really had to resist the Boba Fett Is Dead mini from Dark Horse, but I did

2. I'm not really into video game comics, but I really like that the got the head writer of Mass Effect to write the series.

3. Groo vs Conan? I am so there

4. Normally, I would loathe Wonder Woman using guns, but I trust Azzarello. Plus, I love the idea of the "pistols of Eros"

5. Looks like we got multiple Firestorm's running around the DC universe.

6. So the Daemonites from the Wildstorm universe are going to be appearing in DC through the Superman comic. Don't know if I am on board for that.

7, I really don't like that cover for Red Hood and the Outlaws #8

8. In the not to distant future it looks like a lot of titles I am reading are going to be crossing over into titles I don't read.

9. Oh neat Steve Lightle back to the Legion for one issue at least.

10. Get Jiro sounds so crazy I am going to have to buy it.

11. Hell yes a new Parker graphic novel by Darwyn Cooke,

12. Everyone should buy the Hero Comics comic from IDW it goes to a great cause: The Hero Initiative

13. America's Got Powers sounds like a cross between Wildstar and Battle Royale. Maybe with a touch of Running Man.

14. I highly recommend the Severed trade. Great horror written by Scott Snyder.

15. I just now noticed that Avengers vs X-Men is 12 issues.

16. A connection between Iron Fist and the Phoenix Force? I don't think I want to know.

17. Looks like i get to skip Daredevil this month.

18. Don't look to Previews to get a preview of Iron Man #515.

19. Why is there a spotlight on issue 173 of Thunderbolts and not 172? 172 is the beginning of a three part arc.

20. "Unit"? Man they are really getting desperate for character names.

21. I also recommend the Goldfish trade. Some terrific Bendis comics.

22. If I had an extra $125 I would so but that Iron Man neon sign. Super cool.

23. I am willing to try the new Shadow comic with Garth Ennis at the helm.

24. A new Guy Delisle book which I will buy sight unseen.

25. Also a new Crogan book by Chris Schweizer. Thank goodness it doesn't come out until June. Give my wallet a rest.

26. Eventhough I have like 100s of t-shirts I've gotta get that Ditko Spidey one.

27. Munsters action figures? Alrighty then.

28. Weirdest items, to me anyways: Nick Fury and Loki cologne.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Regarding Wonder Woman and the guns of Eros -- check out the heart-shaped muzzle flash!

• COMMENTS ON YOUR THOUGHTS:

Didn’t Boba Fett die in Return of the Jedi?

I totally missed Groo vs. Conan!

I was intrigued by Wonder Woman using guns, but only because the first issue of Frank Miller’s Daredevil I saw was #184 (“No More Mister Nice Guy!”) and I did not buy it for that reason.

Didn’t notice Steve Lightle doing an issue of LSH, either. Don’t know if that’d be enough to draw me back, though.

Skip Daredevil? Why? (I obviously don’t read the solicitations.)

I didn’t notice the cologne ad, either. Who’s want to smell like Nick Fury, anyway. (Well, Colonel Fury, maybe, during Steranko’s run, but certainly not sergeant.)

MY THOUGHTS:

Dark Horse offers archival collections of (what might be considered by some to be) some pretty mediocre material. For some series (Creepy, Tarzan), there’s no end in sight; others (recent collections of Gold Key series) are finite. Now that some of the latter have come to an end, they’re starting to delve into more historical material, such as Silver Streak and Adventures into the Unknown.

Mickey Mouse is already up to volume three! I with Walt & Skeezix would come out with that frequency.

Tracy’s “pick of the month” is Girl Genius Vol. 11.

• Even if you don't want to read the Spidey/Punisher/Daredevil crossover...and with Greg Rucka and Mark Waid involved, I'm not sure why you'd want to skip it...there is another regular Daredevil issue this month.

• Groo vs. Conan? Sign me up!

• Note that Mark Evanier has stated that Groo vs Conan #2 & #3 will be delayed.

• Re: Boba Fett. It only appeared he died, he later escaped the Sarlacc pit. I think first shown in one of the books. "Tales from Jabba's Palace" I want to say.

Re: Daredevil. As Doc showed there is a crossover between DD, Amazing, and Punisher. I already dropped Punisher a couple of months ago because I didn't like what Rucka was doing in it. I figure it makes more sense to skip part 3 than get 1/3 of a story. I did see there was a .5 issue, but it supposed to be the prologue to the same story I plan on skipping. Hopefully, I get to pick it up again, unless it crossovers with some other tale I have no interest in.

Good catch on the muzzle flash, Rob!

I was mildly interested in the Silver Streak archive, but that $60 price tag scared me away.

• 15. I just now noticed that Avengers vs X-Men is 12 issues.

Not if you count zero as a number, and not if you count the work of Jeph Loeb as actual comics that matter, and then there will be all those AvX tie-ins.

• Marvel Essentials<./i>. At $17 bucks they are among the least expensive collections I buy and I am willing to forego an additional discount for pre-ordering for the flexibility of plucking them off the shelf on a light week. Unfortunately, Showcases and

Essentials<./i> aren’t good sellers for my retailer, and he doesn’t order every single one of them. I did feel the need, however, to pre-order Sea Devils. I have read only one Seas Devils story in my life, but it really stuck with me. Plus, I think Russ Heath’s art will look exceptional in black and white!

I also expressed interest in the soon-to-be-released (March 28) Showcase Presents… The Spectre when I found out he didn’t order any copies for the shelf.

• I was going to count all of the tie-ins to AvX, Figs, but my abacus ran out of beads. ;)

Figserello said:

15. I just now noticed that Avengers vs X-Men is 12 issues.

Not if you count zero as a number, and not if you count the work of Jeph Loeb as actual comics that matter, and then there will be all those AvX tie-ins.

This reply was deleted.