Horrible news: Preacher, Punisher, and Judge Dredd* artist Steve Dillon has died. I always loved his art -- he had a way of drawing the reader right into the scene and keeping emotions at the forefront. I'm so sorry to hear that he's passed.

*among many other things, of course.

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, no! He was actively drawing Punisher again for Marvel, too!

Really shocked by this news. At least he got to see Preacher as a TV show, after being in development forever.

Man, this one sucks. He  had one of the most expressive styles of all time. I always felt he was a bit underrated. A great for sure.

Sad news he was far too young.

He actually used to drink in my local pub,where he was known as new bloke.

The bizarre thing is even though I am a fan I've probably stood next to him at the bar a 100 times and never realised who it was,in fact only just found out.

Only 54, far too young.  Very talented and underrated.  I loved the facial expressions he gave the characters he drew.

I often bought comics simply because he was the artist.  He was great with dark humor, like Punisher MAX; but, could do any genre considering all of his British comics work and that for DC and Marvel.

Such a loss at such at early age.

54 years old. Such a waste. So sad.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here's another chess-playing robot, but this one is playing against Robin rather than…"
48 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion DC's 1st Issue Specials
""But where did Norman Lear get it?" He (or perhaps his father) possible coined that…"
2 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The Challengers of the Unknown vs. some robots. Multi-Woman Kra, King of the Robots The…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"So how does Jim Corrigan fit into all this?"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"SPECTRE: This movie reveals that a group known as Spectre (not an acronym this time, but updated…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you eating and/or drinking right now?
"I haven't had any alcohol since before COVID, so at least two years, probably more like three.…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you eating and/or drinking right now?
"I stopped drinking alcohol of any kind since my last doctor visit in August... not forever, just…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"While the adults were watching Sandman over Thanksgiving, the kids were in the other room watching…"
4 hours ago
Doctor Hmmm? replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you eating and/or drinking right now?
"Beignets in Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport."
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Confusing him with this guy, perhaps...?"
4 hours ago
The Baron replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"They spelled "Ronin" wrong."
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service