• There aren't many books I buy blindly w/o reading the solicitation, But Jonah Hex is one of those books
  • It tickles me that just a few short months after Ex Machina finishes we get a series called Deus Ex. The latter based on a video game though.
  • That Cinderella: Fables Are Forever cover is ridiculous. I approve. 
  • So long Jack of Fables. I'll miss ya.
  • Is anyone here on board for IDW's "Infestation" storyline?
  • Seeing that Fish Police trade makes me wonder what Steve Moncuse is up to.
  • The Daomu preview actually kept me from buying it. Too damn dark,
  • I have to keep better track of the miniseries and new series I am getting....
  • Alas, I have no interest in Marvel's .1 thingy.
  • I love the cover to Captain America #615
  • So, there is a new Power Man, and he to has energy around his fists like Iron Fist? Seems a bit weird. I love Iron Fist so I am getting it.
  • Onslaught is coming back? With Liefeld variant covers?
  • I'm glad to see Punishermax is finally returning.
  • A Rosie O'Donnell comic?
  • A Ted Kennedy comic? With a foil cover?
  • The Buck Rogers Annual seems a bit odd since they canceled the regular series a few months back.
  • Still have 6 Green Hornet comics
  • It always weird to see a series originally by Vertigo be reprinted somewhere else. This time Moonstone is reprinting Angel Town by Gary Phillips and Shawn Martinbrough. A good read by the way.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• (I wish you'd number these points. :) )

I'm a bit unsure about Marvel's .1 initiative.

On the one hand, each one is supposed to be a terrific jumping on point for that series. In that respect, it's more about making the characters more accessible to new readers.

On the other hand, why can't they just use regular numbering? That .1 is going to drive indexers and databases crazy.

Onslaught is back again? What's next, the return of Doomsday? ;)

The only bio comics from Bluewater that have had any interest here were the Obama and McCain bios at election time, and one customer ordered the Ellen DeGeneres one.

Infestation looks interesting, despite the fact that I have no interest in the comics involved. Several customers are also intrigued, so I'm calling this a marketing WIN for IDW. I wonder why they didn't include Dr. Who though.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• I find that the Bluewater comics biographies are reasonably well researched, poorly written and atrociously drawn.

And what is "Marvel's .1 thingy"? Or should I not ask because the answer will make my head hurt?

• http://marvel.com/news/story/14529/marvel_point_one_begins_in_febru...

There's a story about in in our Comics News group as well.

ClarkKent_DC said:

I find that the Bluewater comics biographies are reasonably well researched, poorly written and atrociously drawn.

And what is "Marvel's .1 thingy"? Or should I not ask because the answer will make my head hurt?

• Sorry, Dags, I'll use numbers next time.

I like the idea of the .1 promotion, I just don't like the execution.

• The problem with "Thoughts While Filling Out Previews" is that, by the time it's posted, I've already turned in my order and recycled my catalog! I'll tell you one thing that sticks in my mind about this month's, though: the "Captain America: Scourge" tpb. It comes from a time just before I dropped Captain America, but it includes all of the individual "scourge Kills..." pages from various and sundry other titles. I also thought at the time that Marvel should issue just such a collection. the tpb also includes a second Scourge storyline from Captain America as well as the conclusion in USAgent, neither of which I have ever read. I do happen to know who's behind it, however, and I'm curious to read the story.

I didn't pre-order it, but plan to add it to my P&H tomorrow.

• Jeff of Earth-J said:

The problem with "Thoughts While Filling Out Previews" is that, by the time it's posted, I've already turned in my order and recycled my catalog! I'll tell you one thing that sticks in my mind about this month's, though: the "Captain America: Scourge" tpb. It comes from a time just before I dropped Captain America, but it includes all of the individual "scourge Kills..." pages from various and sundry other titles. I also thought at the time that Marvel should issue just such a collection. the tpb also includes a second Scourge storyline from Captain America as well as the conclusion in USAgent, neither of which I have ever read. I do happen to know who's behind it, however, and I'm curious to read the story.

I only go to the shop about once every 2-3 weeks, and I try to hold off filling mine out as long as possible in case I want to drop something. That is why sometimes these are so late in the month. I usually keep my old catalogs for a month or two if I want to look something up.

• The foil keeps the Ted Kennedy book waterproof...

• I like you, Doc.

• Nice, Doc!

Jonah Hex is a book I don't get every issue of, but I get it more often than not (I think I got 10 this year). All I do is check the artist.

I haven't read Angel Town, but I'm always heartened when another publisher releases a formerly Vertigo book; it tells me that their creator-owned contracts are the real deal. I've meant to pick up the collection of 2020 Visions for a while, now.

• Great, now I want to read it, too! Thanks, Jeff!

Jeff of Earth-J said:

The problem with "Thoughts While Filling Out Previews" is that, by the time it's posted, I've already turned in my order and recycled my catalog! I'll tell you one thing that sticks in my mind about this month's, though: the "Captain America: Scourge" tpb. It comes from a time just before I dropped Captain America, but it includes all of the individual "scourge Kills..." pages from various and sundry other titles. I also thought at the time that Marvel should issue just such a collection. the tpb also includes a second Scourge storyline from Captain America as well as the conclusion in USAgent, neither of which I have ever read. I do happen to know who's behind it, however, and I'm curious to read the story.

This reply was deleted.