"Brenda Starr" to end
Another long-running daily comic strip bites the dust:
" 'Brenda Starr, Reporter' to Leave Newspapers Jan. 2"
Read more…Another long-running daily comic strip bites the dust:
" 'Brenda Starr, Reporter' to Leave Newspapers Jan. 2"
Read more…I applaud what DC is doing with their covers this month: character shots and large logos against a white background. DC tends to be more inventive than Marvel when it comes to themed covers: first those “portrait” covers (10 or so years ago), then th
Read more…I have all the Black Centipede/Vionna Valis novels and short stories posted at my blog, and they are available for free downloading as pdf files!
"The Optimist Book One"
"Vionna and the Vampires"
"Forty Whacks"
"Wisconsin Death Trip"
"Close Encounters of
Press release today...
Thursday, January 20th, 2011 By Jim Lee As of January 2011, DC Comics titles will no longer carry the Comics Code Authority Seal of Approval. In 2011, DC Comics will employ a rating system consistent with that of the rest Read more…
I didn’t post this to the “Captain America” thread because I’m not convinced this is a Captain America series, per se; in fact I’m not quite sure what this is, but yesterday was light so I thought I’d give it a try. It’s written by Ben McCool and dra
Read more…While reading some old comics today, I noticed a Marvel house ad for their plans in 1998 (and wow, does it feel weird to refer to 1998 comics as old). Many of these stories are familiar, a few are even favorites: the Captain America/Iron Man crossov
Read more…Sugar and Spike Archives vol. 1 is in the March solicits!
Read more…
I'm thinking of reading a few Adam Strange comics from over the years, but I'd like to know what was the best representative story in which he appeared in the 70s?
I know he didn't star in his own stories in the 70s, but perhaps a JLA/JSA crossover,
Read more…Two comics made me smile as I read them and I can't really ask for more than that. Batgirl has some great dialog. Steph is funny and the addition to Wendy (yes, the SuperFriends Wendy) to the cast has been great. Knight and Squire is crazy amounts
Read more…I know I should have noticed this earlier, but I remember seeing ads for Brave and the Bold #36, featuring Adam Strange and Lois Lane, but I haven't actually received that issue. And I can't find anything on Comixology or DC's website about the title
Read more…Hello Comic Book Fans,
It's the end of the year. And that means it's time to look back at the best of 2010. So here's your chance to nominate the best writers, artists, stories, characters, comics and moments of the year. The categories are list
Read more…Vote for the best of the past year here. Polls are open one week.
Please note that the images for best cover and best single panel/splash page follow their respective polls. Don't forget to check out the images before voting.
ps. I apologize
Read more…There is some slight duplication between the recently released hardcover Archie Firsts and the long available Best of the Forties tpb. The focus of the latter is on stories from the 1940s (Duh!), whereas the former concentrates on presenting first ap
Read more…I've been reading The Best American Comics, 2009 (last year's edition, guest edited by Charles Burns). I didn't pay much attention to Jessica Abel & Matt Madden's Preface until I was almost done. Here's some of their opening argument, which I though
Read more…Let's see....Anthro and family celebrate the winter solstice, Jonah Hex has a Hanukkah adventure, John Stewart teaches a tyro Green Lantern that sometimes religious holidays can be creepy and weird, Superman attends a Thanksgiving parade and meets th
Read more…I finally read Batman, Incorporated (Bat, Inc) #1 and was impressed by the maturity, for lack of a better word, that Grant Morrison has now given Bruce Wayne. He seems more focused yet less obsessed. He has found (for now) an inner peace. It is still
Read more…Variety tells us that Alias is being adapted for television:
"Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg plans to adapt an edgy female Marvel character for her next TV project.Rosenberg is the writer and exec producer on "AKA Jessica Jones," which isRead more…
This issue deals with the aftermath of the events depicted last issue and showcases the return of Batman, the return of Superman, and the transformation of Hal Jordan into Parallax. I was surprised that they correctly pointed out that Green Lantern
Read more…After winning an auction for the complete Firestorm series, eBay offered me some suggestions for other items I might be interested in:
Exiles 1-100 (already have it)
the complete Supreme (already have it)
the complete Dynamo 5 (already have it, and
Read more…Look at what I found at my friendly neighborhood comics shop:
