Views: 744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand that some comic stores have the boxes of new comics shipped directly to their stores. My LCS does an in-person pick-up at the Diamond warehouse every week. UPS would ship new comics to Diamond so that they would be available for pick-up on Tuesday and sale on Wednesday. When a major holiday fell on a Monday, which is common, the on-sale date would shift to Thursday. Apparently this was confusing to the customers so the on-sale date was locked-in as Wednesday every week. That meant that stores picking up books had to go to the warehouse on Wednesday morning and be prepared to sell them the same day. My LCS bags and boards all comics so this also had to be done. There are no Monday holidays until September. Some time between now and then DC and everybody else will probably go back to Wednesdays.

Bookstores in California are being told they can "open for curbside service," which my LCS was already doing. Just no new books.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I was thinking about collating all of my boxes on unread comics, that way I can read all of my unread Daredevil or Action Comics at one time. There will be less of a chance of just getting a partial story line. BUT! Once I saw that would entail sorting 7 longboxes and another 4-5 shorties. I decided,"Nah, that's alright."

Have you seen the new Previews catalog?

For the past several months, DC's listing have been in a separate, comic book-sized book; Marvel's have been like that for years. Now, both separate catalogs are gone; Marvel's listing have been moved into the main catalog, but DC's are gone entirely. Only about half of my pre-orders from March have been relisted in the new catalog. I have heard California alone makes up about 30% of Marvel's sales, and New York abohter 20%. with both of those states still in lockdown, Marvel may not have a market for its titles. At this point, after two weeks of new shipments, I have yet to see a Marvel collection I've pre-ordered.

I'm glad you brought this up, Jeff. If you hadn't I would have. I picked up a new Previews today. I'm happy that there is no individual catalog in there. I hated the separate Marvel, DC, and once in a while Image booklets. Unfortunately, DC is in the order form. but no listings or descriptions are in the catalog. You have to go online to view it. Which is a beating.

On top of that, I figured with everything going on, the April issue was pretty much cancelled. WRONG! Monday, I get a text from the owner of my LCS asking me if I still had my copy. I did, so he asked me to bring it in since he sold his copy, and to go ahead and fill it out on top of that. Go figure.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Have you seen the new Previews catalog?

For the past several months, DC's listing have been in a separate, comic book-sized book; Marvel's have been like that for years. Now, both separate catalogs are gone; Marvel's listing have been moved into the main catalog, but DC's are gone entirely. Only about half of my pre-orders from March have been relisted in the new catalog. I have heard California alone makes up about 30% of Marvel's sales, and New York abohter 20%. with both of those states still in lockdown, Marvel may not have a market for its titles. At this point, after two weeks of new shipments, I have yet to see a Marvel collection I've pre-ordered.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service