It's that time of year again!

We've done this before (herehere, and here), but now it's time for this year! This is a place for comments about any and all shows, but especially for shows that don't generate their own threads.

I was reminded it's that time again when I happened to catch a TV special on Friday night. Ken Jeong, of Hangover movies fame, was hosting a show that was full of nothing but promos for ABC's upcoming season. This includes Dr. Ken, a sitcom about a physician starring Ken Jeong himself, who was a physician before he became an actor. 

The new show I'm most looking forward to is Supergirland I have some interest in Quantico. I might give The Muppets and Code Black a try, too.

As for returning shows, I will be happy to have The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, Brooklyn Nine-NineAgent Carter and Chicago Fire back. I'm okay with Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm lukewarm about Gotham and Chicago PD. And the two backdoor pilots for Chicago Med completely turned me off; I'd never want to go to that hospital. 

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're a few weeks behind on Fargo, but yeah, it's an incredible series. Everyone is just killing it. Cristin Milioti is breaking my heart every time she's onscreen in season 2. 

I just found this Daily Beast article on Cristin Milioti (when Googling to learn how to spell her name for my last post), and thought it was worth reading. I had no idea she was Sexy Baby!

Reading the Daily Beast article, I was enlightened that the Sheriff's child in season two is the pregnant hero in season one. A friend who hadn't watched season two at the time told me there was a character who grew up to be in season one but I told him I didn't think there was any connection. I just told him he was right the first time.

Oh, definitely! And Lou, the State Trooper at the center of season 2, is her dad that owns the diner in season 1. 

I've heard there's another connection revealed in the finale (don't know if it's a person, place, or just an event that's mentioned), but I'm still 3 episodes behind, so it might be a couple weeks before I find out. 

Richard Willis said:

Reading the Daily Beast article, I was enlightened that the Sheriff's child in season two is the pregnant hero in season one. A friend who hadn't watched season two at the time told me there was a character who grew up to be in season one but I told him I didn't think there was any connection. I just told him he was right the first time.

Yeah, I realized this right away the other day when I started watching Season 2 on demand. I was so happy when I realized that the police officer was named Solverson.

Speaking of Cristin Milioti, I thought for sure when I saw Age of Ultron that the mother from How I Met Your Mother was Hawkeye's wife. Then when I IMDB'ed it, I realized that it was actually the girl from Freaks and Geeks. When I saw her in Fargo, I thought, "That girl HAS to be from How I Met Your Mother..."

I absolutely love every time Nick Offerman appears in a scene in Season 2. Incredible performance.

She's making a cottage industry out of playing people's dead moms. And she's SO GOOD at it!

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Oh, definitely! And Lou, the State Trooper at the center of season 2, is her dad that owns the diner in season 1. 

I've heard there's another connection revealed in the finale (don't know if it's a person, place, or just an event that's mentioned), but I'm still 3 episodes behind, so it might be a couple weeks before I find out. 

Yeah, I watched the finale last night and am pretty sure what you're referring to.

I lost track of who was the sheriff and who was the state trooper.

I think what I love about Fargo is the juxtaposition of the politeness of the area with the horrific violence that takes place within the stories. It makes you want to root for everyone (except for Nygaard in season one...what a dick.).

"I forgot how much fun these cases could be." -- Dana Scully, Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster

So did I, Scully. Kudos to the creative team for giving over one of their 6 episodes to one of my favorite things from the old show, a flat-out comedy episode.  I laughed out loud so many times I lost count, but I have to say that my very favorite thing was the "monster's" Kolchak outfit.

Thank you, Darin "I spell my name the right way" Morgan.

Despite incessant promotion, CBS pulled the plug on Angel from Hell, says AdWeek: "As Most Networks Are Afraid to Cancel New Shows, CBS Just Pulled '...

I never watched it. Unfortuately, Jane Lynch played the nasty gym teacher on Glee all too well, and I couldn't separate that characterization from her. By most accounts, she's a pleasant person who isn't anything like that monster on Glee, but I wasn't moved to give Angel from Hell a chance.

I liked it. Jane Lynch, Maggie Lawson, Kevin Pollak, and Kyle Bornheimer made up a nice little cast.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service