General Comics Discussions (6916)
Kidstuff/funnystuff line .
I guess the Disney D&M and even Archie!!!:-) have sufficient followings/an established enough fandom that they might could support their own lines-but let's make this a line for " kid's stuff/traditional ' funnybook ' " comic books - and even not nes
Read more…Help Newton Astronomers decipher an anomaly in the night sky!
Trust me, this is comics related.
Scroll down to the bottom of the web page's blog and read the entries in chronological order for the best effect.
http://www.newtonastronomers.com/
Read more…
If you were to put out your own comic book ???...
...Lets just assume you were so carzy/financially eccentric/possesed , perhaps , with some game show-reality show prize money that required that you spend it on a business venture , not matter how wacky , and wanted to issue - yourself - a comic book
Read more…Captain America film poster for a buck.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W7NYZU/ref=ox_ya_os_product Yes, I ordered one.
Read more…All-Winners Squad - Band of Heroes
Although this eight-issue series is the latest in a series of updated retellings of Marvel’s Golden Age heroes, it's not about the super group Captain America II and III fought with stateside after the war, but rather it actually deals with a group
Read more…DC Universe goes boom again
That darn Barry Alllen! He comes back and leaves a mess all over the place!
DC relaunches all titles post-Flashpoint
Read more…So...(pt. 4)
I'm snabbing this from elsewhere, but it seemed like a good discussion topic:
Who is more powerful, Gladstone Gander or Longshot?
Read more…The "New" DC: The FACTS! With UPDATED Intro!
Okay. There are TWO separate threads going on this forum at the moment debating DC's postFlashpoint plans.
I figured there needed to be someplace where we can discuss the known facts on the matter as they become confirmed.
The (status) is based upon
Read more…“I Don’t Like Shmoos”
That’s the title of Al Capp’s infamous anti-Shmoo essay, but it also accurately describes how I personally feel about the critters. Nor am I particularly impressed by what I know of Al Capp as a human being. So why did I buy Al Capp’s Shmoo: The Comp
Read more…My Fifty-Two Number Ones
Based on nothing but my own ideas, I decided to come up with my own idea of how I might re-launch the DC Universe. Just my thoughts of what I'd like to see, not what would necessarily "sell". I left off Action Comics and Detective Comics, becsuse I
Read more…So my daughter is getting married...
My daughter Linda and her boyfriend Chris are getting married in June 2012, and she and her mom couldn't be more giddy. The plan is to get married in the Bahamas, and she wants me to walk her down the aisle in a white suite with a Panama hat.
So
Read more…Disney Comics line
So , here's a line for discussion of Disney-based comics - Especially the " ducks and mice " , Mickey/Donald/Uncle $. , etc. , although if there's anything to say about a Hanna Montana or Pirates of the Carribean(Sic??) or Haunted amnasion comic , go
Read more…So... (pt. 2)
More powerful team: the original X-Men, or the Legion of Substitute Heroes?
Read more…Flashpoint (spoiler/discussion thread)
So, I wasn't going to buy this. But I like big summer stories and I'm not buying Fear Itself...and I like Johns and Kubert. So...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
I like a lot about this first
Read more…Covers that MADE you buy the comic
Faced with the challenge to lead a little discussion, I'll start with something that's been on my mind for a bit, something I hope other people might be willing to chime in with their own examples, too: Covers that were so compelling, you just HAD to
Read more…So....
If 'Mazing Man fought Sgt. Rock, who would get the girl? Or the Ice Cream Soldier? Or the Guido?
Read more…The most realistic comic of the month...
...is Power Girl #24. It says more about the current state of politics, bigotry, and fear in the United States than anything I've read in years.
Read more…