Having won the Commander's recent quiz, I thought I should do the next one. The following questions all relate to pre-Crisis DC/National or All-American comics. The rules are as follows:
-You don’t have to answer all the questions at once.
Detective Comics Annual #12/Batman Annual #28: The Two Batmen are in France. They set up the French representative of Batman, Inc, a new hero, Nightrunner. I have to admit that I was under-whelmed. Like the J
Most of the polls have closed, and the remaining ones will close in the next few minutes. There will most likely be some run-off polls. However, I'm ready to start announcing the winners here.
Vote for the best of the past year here. Polls are open one week.
Please note that the images for best cover and best single panel/splash page follow their respective polls. Don't forget to check out the images before voting.
Back in the 1970s and '80s Marvel tried their best to integrate most of the licensed properties they obtained into the Marvel Universe proper - ROM, the Transformers (later retconned out), Godzilla, the Micronauts... they all existed in the mainstrea
The following is an idea that we chased around on the old board, and which I have discussed with folks off the board, so not all of the below is original with me.
There have been Doctor Who comics just about since the show's inception. Suppose you ha
I don't know how I missed that this was going to be the cover story for Entertainment Weekly this week. It was a nice surprise checking the mail on Saturday and seeing Cap on the cover.
1.First I would like to thank Caleb at Every Day Is Like Wednesday for for doing some counting for me: 12 Captain America titles, and that doesn't even include the Avengers titles he appears in. 2. I
IDW is publishing some of the most consistently good Star Trek comic books ever. Several months ago, although she refeuses to watch them with me, my wife bought a DVD set of the TOS with enhanced special effects for me. I tried working my way through
Dead Avengers is a three-issue mini-series which spun out of Chaos War. It features Captain Marvel, the Swordsman, Vision, Dr. Druid, the female Yellowjacket and Deathcry. If you’d’ve pressed me, I wouldn’t’ve been able to identify the latter two as
I know I should have noticed this earlier, but I remember seeing ads for Brave and the Bold #36, featuring Adam Strange and Lois Lane, but I haven't actually received that issue. And I can't find anything on Comixology or DC's website about the title
ARCHIE #616 "Campaign Pain" Part 1. President Barack Obama and famed politician Sarah Palin get involved as Student Government campaigns spiral out of control at Riverdale High! The race between Archie and Reggie gets hot as campaign chaos reaches to t