According to Doc Beechler in my personal review of the new 52 from DC that I am reading, the mysterious hooded lady that appeared in the conclusion of Flashpoint is supposed to be visible within each of the 52 first issues out this month (September 2
I'm working on an essay for a someone else's book, my brief being villains and their relationships with heroes. I've got my general outline, but I'm looking for specifics. Does anyone remember any scenes or monologues where a villain spe
I recently belatedly saw the movie of Moore/_____'s V FOR VENDETTA . years after having read the graphic novel (which I , therefore , have forgotten some of the details about now :-( ) .The recent boom here in the US in the " OCCUPY ______" protests/
I've taught DragonSong for years to my ninth graders, and they've always enjoyed it. It's rare to find an acceptable book for that age that features a strong female lead, and it fit the bill wonderfully.
Today’s Spider-Man newspaper strip suffers from the same affliction as all continuity strips in today’s newspapers, but when it first began in 1977 it was pretty darned good! The first volume of a hardcover series collectiong it shipped last week, an
“The Someday Funnies is the long-awaited collection of comic strips created in the early 1970s by world-famous artists and writers such as C. C. Beck, René Goscinny, Harvey Kurtzman, Jack Kirby, Moebius, Art Spiegelman, and Gahan Wilson. What started
This was another of the books I had planned to follow ahead of time. We start out with our hero battling some guy in a battle-suit. I'm not too wild about the new costume - the old one wasn't great, either, but it was better than this one.
I'm amused that in the wake of the new costume controversy for Wonder Woman, both Lady Death and Vampirella have introduced new costumes with, yes, short jackets and pants. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then Wonder Woman's new cost
SONIC SELECT VOL. 4: ZONE WARS This fourth volume of the popular Sonic Select series collects for the first time the alternate-reality madness of the Zone Wars saga from the Sonic the Hedgehog Super Special comic b
SONIC UNIVERSE #34 “Babylon” Part Two: The Babylon Rogues have found the way to revive the long-lost city of Babylon Garden! The only thing standing in their way is the entire Battle Bird Armada. Feathers fly as the
LIFE WITH ARCHIE MAGAZINE #15 “Archie Marries Veronica” - There's trouble in paradise as Archie deals with the painful split from his wife Veronica who, to Archie's horror, is making tabloid headlines with her romanti